WnSoft Forums

PTE 5 and HD Tutorial

potwnc

I've now worked enough with HD rendering to be able to write a tutorial of sorts. By no means would it be fully comprehensive as this is a complex field in its own right. It wouldn't always be up to date as this field is constantly changing - now more so than ever as vendors (including WnSoft) position themselves to begin taking a slice of the emerging "prosumer" market.

If there appears to be enough interest I could probably get at least an initial version by the time PTE 5 is first released in non-beta.

Ray

You bet Ray,

This would be great since it's a relatively unknown area.

Best regards,

Lin

I've now worked enough with HD rendering to be able to write a tutorial of sorts. By no means would it be fully comprehensive as this is a complex field in its own right. It wouldn't always be up to date as this field is constantly changing - now more so than ever as vendors (including WnSoft) position themselves to begin taking a slice of the emerging "prosumer" market.

If there appears to be enough interest I could probably get at least an initial version by the time PTE 5 is first released in non-beta.

Ray

Well I'm not sure I want to prepare a tutorial for an audience of 3!

You can always ask me any specific questions you may have. Some of you have seen my documentary preview before in HD made with other software... I'll soon (in the next week) be posting it on my web site re-made with PTE 5 in both 720p and 1080p. I'm very happy with the results!

I can understand - it seems sometimes that lots of work goes unappreciated. Perhaps the interest level will change a great deal when high definition systems become more common. I look forward to your updated documentary.

Best regards,

Lin

Well I'm not sure I want to prepare a tutorial for an audience of 3!

You can always ask me any specific questions you may have. Some of you have seen my documentary preview before in HD made with other software... I'll soon (in the next week) be posting it on my web site re-made with PTE 5 in both 720p and 1080p. I'm very happy with the results!

Ray

you never answered my questions here -

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=41745

maybe that is why no responses

ken

Well I guess I would have produced a .pdf file since that is the most universal format these days. As for length, I'm not sure... maybe 4 or 5 pages.

Ray

Ray

Hi Ray,

A tutorial on making slideshows for presentation on HDTV would be very helpful to me. Just a few screen captures would be a great help.

doug

Doug,

Check your private messages.

Ken, I would have posted it on my website for download, but like I said, the audience is too small right now to make it worth the effort.

Ask me any specific questions you have.

Ray

Ray,

Your thread has been read more than 500 times.

Even if we are a few to have confirmed our interest, I'm wondering if your tutorial (a simple one at the beginning) wouldn't interest a lot of people actually.

Just a thought. :)

Ray,

I also would be interested in any knowledge you have on this subject.

I have an HD TV, but haven't made a DVD yet with any PTE, but I sure

am saving all Tut's and knowledge found here pertaining to this so when I do try,

I won't have to search the forum in the middle of my first one. I also review the Tuts

I have so far collected in hopes when I do make my first one, my memory of them

will remind me some kind person had shown me what I need at the

point I am at and I can go back to it easily and see the answer I need at that point.

Your right a lot of us who are always reading this forum, we don't

all participate as much as some, but beleive me, YOU ALL THAT DO are the

bread and butter of learning.

I PERSONALLY SAY "THANK YOU ALL WHO DO ALL THESE WONDERFUL TUTORIALS THAT

HELP SO MUCH THAT WITHOUT Y'ALL I COULDN'T DO"

Raydene

Ray

Count me in also, I would be interested to know more about the subject. I have an HD TV but would I need a HD DVD player in order to use anything produced through PTE?

Is the term 'HDTV' being misused here? As far as I am aware (at least in the UK) HD (high definition) is not yet being transmitted. Is the reference to HDTV meant to be DIGITAL TV that is HD ready?

Ron

Ray

Count me in also, I would be interested to know more about the subject. I have an HD TV but would I need a HD DVD player in order to use anything produced through PTE?

OK you've convinced me... give me about a week and I'll release a 1st draft.

Ray

MIKE

see

AfterDawn.com hardware section opened

We have just launched a new section at AfterDawn.com. The hardware section lists specifications of a growing number of flat panel televisions, flat panel monitors, mobile phones, DVD players (including HD DVD and Blu-ray players) as well as other devices. In addition to technical specifications, price information from our partner stores is also shown (when available).

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/10022.cfm

ken

• 2 weeks later...
Is the term 'HDTV' being misused here? As far as I am aware (at least in the UK) HD (high definition) is not yet being transmitted. Is the reference to HDTV meant to be DIGITAL TV that is HD ready?

Ron

HD TV is being broadcast in the UK - SkySports/SkyMovies and the Beeb have HD channels but you have to be either a Sky user or a cable customer (eg Virgin Media) to subscribe to these channels, but I think BBC HD channel is free provided you have a set top box. See this web site for more info.

I would be interested in getting a tutorial.

I have an HD TV, and just burned my first DVD, w/o HD. It looks good, but if I had an idea of what to look for in HD, that would make the slide shows fantastic. I'm interested in how one would control the contrast (or at least estimated it) on HD, when in fact one would make the slide shows on a normal (LCD) monitor.

WeiPhoto

Now that PTE 5 has been released I have uploaded the documentary tariler in HD to the Peoples of the World Foundation web site at: http://www.peoplesoftheworld.org/audio-visuals.jsp.

1080p is encoded at 8Mbps, 720p at 5Mbps and 480p at 1.5 Mbps (all VBR).

Please first follow the link posted on the page to make sure your PC can play 720p and/or 1080p before downloading - otherwise you will be disappointed.

As I posted earlier, I'm very happy with the results. PTE 5 is the only software I know of in the pro/consumer market that can handle 1080p and also film frame-rate (23.976 fps).

Congratulations to Igor and the team. I will credit them in the final version of the documentary.

I would like to hear reports on this thread from anyone who downloads the trailer(s) and how the playback looks on their PC.

The HD tutorial will be posted soon.

Ray

I have uploaded a very early first draft of the tutorial at: http://www.peoplesoftheworld.org/ptehdtutorial.jsp.

Please let me know if it is along the lines of what you are wanting, what it is lacking etc.

Ray

Hi Ray,

Yes, I believe you are on track with this - looking forward to seeing the finished document. Lots of good info on frequencies, etc. You might expand a bit on the "delivery" system, i.e., the media itself. That is how you get the 1080p or 720p onto the media to be used. Answer questions such as "can 1080p be burned to standard DVD media (of course with limited storage capacity or do I need BluRay or HD burner?"

By the way, I just tested both trailers (1080p and 720p) and both run perfectly and look great.

Best regards,

Lin

I have uploaded a very early first draft of the tutorial at: http://www.peoplesoftheworld.org/ptehdtutorial.jsp.

Please let me know if it is along the lines of what you are wanting, what it is lacking etc.

Ray