WnSoft Forums

Karaoke Sounds

Monty

Monty,

I have never used or tried .kar file types in any of my presentations ... nor have I used them on my Pc or Music player itself.

I have noticed on the ONLINE FAQ SHEET it mentions use of these .kar ... but the Program FAQ SHEET seems to state a little differently:

* Supports for sounds to slides (.wav or .mp3)

* Supports for background music (.mp3, .wav, .mid, .wma)

(no mention of kar .... so who really knows .... ?)

If it is supported .... I imagine the users PC also must support and play them ... so here you may need to check your PCs music properties/file type for support.

Note: It may only work as background music if it functions at all for you ... but ... I would be aware if distributing with kar types, as other users pc may not support them.

Sorry for not much help to offer .... Id be interested to find this out myself also.

As a matter of fact, you can use .KAR (karaoke music files), as well as midi files and some other types I don't recognize. But here's how you have to do it.

On the main P2E screen, click the "Project Options" button. In the resulting dialog window, click on the "Music" tab. Check the "Play background music" button. Then click the "Add" button and use the file open window to navigate to your files. .KAR files are displayed and you can add one or more to your presentation. They do work. I have just tested it in 3.80 on a Win2K machine.

Note that you apparently cannot add them as sound for an individual file by clicking on the folder button next to the sound option for an individual file in the main window. The only files it seems to find there are in fact .wav or mp3. I would guess for individual slides you would typically use short sounds or sound bites which are not likely to be karaoke or midi files. Hope this helps.

mhwarner,

Thanks for the confirmation that they can be used ... as this will be helpful to future users with the same question.

Monty,

My suggestion ???

I tried your suggestion of renaming the extension and got no joy. Oh, well.

Was that concerning this Karoke topic or some other previous topic ?