WnSoft Forums

MONITOR TEST CARD

Conflow

Please use Full Screen to view this EMail and Attachment.

Hi All,

As we all know ~ What we personally see on our Monitor, is not necessarily "what others see" when we send

them a copy of our New PTE Slide-Show. All our eyes are different in terms of Colour perspective and Brightness

sensitivity and Focus, and indeed our Monitors may not be 'set-up' for the best visual renditions as perceived

by others...

Below is a Screenshot of the Nokia Interactive Test Card ~ somewhat like a Television Test Card.

This utility will show any 'Set-up' errors in your Monitor as well as personal deficiencies in your own eyesight.

The Program contains Help Files.

It conducts some 30 Interactive Tests on your Monitor and Graphics Card. It covers Mechanical Distortions,

Grey Scales, Colour Rendition & Purity, Text Renditions, Moire Patterns and many many more Tests.

Apart from your Monitor/Graphics Set-up it would be very useful in setting up Projectors in Public Places.

I have the Program available in Zip Format for those of you who might like to host it on your Web-Site

unfortunately I can't upload it to the Forum.

Send an EMail through the Forum if it's of interest to you ~ Please do not submit "Free EMail Addresses"

they wont accept Exe's and I won't answer them.

Brian.Conflow.

post-1416-1183642722_thumb.jpg

Hi Brian,

Thanks for offering to share this utility. Before I jump in could you please let me know id I would be likely to get any benefit from the Nokia Test Card?

I already calibrate my monitor (ViewSonic LCD) with a Spyder2 Colorimeter.

Kind Regards

Peter

Hi Brian,

Thanks for offering to share this utility. Before I jump in could you please let me know id I would be likely to get any benefit from the Nokia Test Card?

I already calibrate my monitor (ViewSonic LCD) with a Spyder2 Colorimeter.

Kind Regards

Peter

Hi Peter,

That's a difficult one to answer ~ All I can say is that it Tests the 'Mechanical Linearity' of the Monitor

and a great many other things such as Focus and Moire, Legibility, Colour. Luminance etc.etc.

Most 'Monitor Testers' I had experience with, simply concentrate on Grey Scale and Colour Purity and

Luminance. Very few test for Vertical/ Horizontal Linearity~Pincushion Effect~Astigmatism~Size and

Centre Screen ~ Geometry & Landings ~ Centre Fade-Off ~ and many other things you expect to find

in a TV Studio Test Card.

The File Size is 355kB. It's self executable like PTE, its small neat, doesn't hog resources and it's fast.

Exactly what one wants for "Set-Up" prior to Image Editing and before a Projector Presentation.

Thats about all I can say....

Brian.Conflow.