WnSoft Forums

More impact for your titles

thedom

Display your titles in a blockbuster effect like...

For a good impact, please turn on the volume because the sound sfx are very important.

Suggestion and comments welcome.

Demo :

TheDom-MovieTitles-Small.gif

[ Click on the image to directly access the download page ]

Igor, if I missed somebody of your team, please let me know...

The template (with the instructions on how to use it) is now available. I included Igors suggestion.

Template :

TheDom-MovieTitlesTPL-Small.gif

[ Click on the image to directly access the download page ]

• Like 1

Dominique,

Thanks, the interesting effect!

I would like to suggest an idea for a next improvement:

Because text objects are very huge at first keypoints, PicturesToExe renders it with highest quality. In this slideshow a text object on 1st slide has 7429x1309 pixels of size in memory. It well loads CPU and video card. Probably it would be better untick "Auto quality" option for these text objects and manually adjust parameter of quality (see resulting width/height values in pixels in a status bar). Say "Quality: 300" = 2788x488.

It will work much better even on modern video cards.

And text will looks better, more smooth.

If text still looks too sharp, try add one more text object and use it on a final stage when text has a constant size.

WOW again, where do you get your inspiration from for these effects, whilst sitting in the bath. I feel like a struck gramophone record, saying the same thing over and over again. What a great effect.

Dominique,

Yes, there is such an internal tool (with a series of manual steps). Many times during beta-testing I had only EXE file with a slideshow and had to find and solve some problem in beta version of PicturesToExe.

Good to know this Igor, but where do we find the URL for this decompiler please?

Ron

Will this decompiler make it easier to copy pictures from slideshows, and if so is it a good idea to make it available even to members of this forum. I can understand the need for Igor to have this capability, but would question the wisdom of it being available ouside of the wnsoft team.

Geoff

Igor's comment to the DOM

It well loads CPU and video card.

For all users who want to see a visual graph chart of the cpu/page file usage that their slideshow is demanding/stressing of their pc :

Non accelerated shows :

**in Building your slideshow ... Disable checkbox in Project Options/Main-Pause when window of slideshow becomes inactive.

-Open your Task Manager to Performance tab (w/options always on top)

-Play your slideshow and watch the Performance graphs displayed.

3D accelerated shows :

**in Building your slideshow ... Disable checkbox in Project Options/Main-Pause when window of slideshow becomes inactive.

-Open your Task Manager to Performance tab (w/options always on top)

-Play your slideshow and press Ctrl/Alt/Delete keys to bring Task Manager on top.

- Watch the Performance graphs displayed.

* The cpu graphs will be high on slideshow loading/initialization. You will be able to see which slides are peaking the usage and stressing your pc limitations. The graph info may help you to solve/tweak those slides to get better slideshow performance ... esp when distributing.

By the way Dom ... great Demo !!!

Stu,

Are there any utilities that monitor the usage and performance of the video card and controller, alone?

With version 5, on my pc, with 128 Mb video RAM, I find that stuttering occurs when I run a v.5 sequence with the monitor res set higher than required (i.e. higher than that of the images used in the sequence). Yet the main cpu usage seems to behave the same for different monitor resolution settings.

This is consistent with what Igor has told us about version 5, with hardware acceleration - i.e. that performance depends mainly on the video card and its memory.

Al,

Im not aware of any programs that can monitor the video card performance in a realtime type mode as you mention ... it would be nice to have such a tool.

The gaming sector has numerous benchmarking/performance tools ... but these more or less function in a prescribed/controlled environment and dont allow you to be selective of a specific program you like to monitor. These tools really dont help our needs.

Maybe there is such a tool out there somewhere ... and hopefully we can find it :unsure:

WAY BACK WHEN WE WERE TRYING TO GET TO THE CURRENT STATE - with the request of Igor guiding me, i was recording temps of the mob, processor usage when running early shows

i used the ASUS mob temp monitor that comes on the MOB disk,an early version of TaskInfo and to measure the temp of the ATI all in wonder board i bought a non contact hand held temp monitor - there was a definite increase in MOB temp, very little increase in the graphics board --

i then bought a 2006 256 ati all in wonder but it does not monitor the temp -- believe you have to go real hi end to get that feature

you might be interested in the info here

http://www.guru3d.com/

http://www.guru3d.com/article/atitraytools/189/

ken

I feel we can't publish such decompiler tool. Some authors of slideshow will not like this idea.

Probably we will add global option to PicturesToExe and authors will decide allow or prohibit

unpacking of their slideshows from EXE to images and music files.

hi igor,

I feel we can't publish such decompiler tool. Some authors of slideshow will not like this idea.

this seems to me a very wise decision!

Probably we will add global option to PicturesToExe and authors will decide allow or prohibit

unpacking of their slideshows from EXE to images and music files.

i would ask for more: an option to encrypt the images when integrating them into the exe, which would of course be undone by the exe itself upon execution. this would make it a bit harder for third parties to steal our images. it would not be absolutely safe, since the decrypting code would be part of the exe. nothing ever is absolutely safe, but this would give an added and welcome safety level.

cheers,

pedro

Pedro,

Yes, an additional option for more strong encryption for those authors who want to protect their images and music files. Optionally, of course. In v5.1 or v5.2

I really don't like many copyright prohibitions/limitations and etc :) but sometimes it's necessary.

But please take in attention, that any protection can be removed by hackers if they will be strongly interested to hack a slideshow. HD-DVD/Blu-Ray is a good example of this rule.

Guest Techman1

Igor,

Please do not release this decompiler to the general public. Being a professional photographer, if a decompiler is released for PTE, I personally would have to stop using PTE if this is released. While I generally trust my clients, I know some would take advantage of this and I would generate zero sales as a result. I use PTE for proofing my images to clients.

Thanks in advance.

Fred

p.s. - To Dominque, your slideshow is really very cool. It drags some on my system, not sure why!?!?!?!?

I feel we can't publish such decompiler tool....<snip>......

I strongly agree Igor.

Also I would like to second Freds comments above.