WnSoft Forums

Suggestions for a new pictures toexe

aewarnick

1.Make the program so that I can put midi files in the sound part as well.

2.Support for animated Gif's. I can put animated gif in but they do not animate at all in the show.

3.When syncronizing the animation with the music I cannot add other sound files in the place where I double click on a file and go to the Music tab. I really would like to be able to add sound there if I can.

4.Make the interface faster and eisier to use. Make a customise mode or something that will remove the explorer box and replace it with the options in the box that comes up when I double click on a file.

Zoner Gif Animator has a good interface except, if you can scratch the tabs and just have Everything right there in front.

With ZGA you can also highlight all or some of the files with shift and ctrl. Which makes it really convenient and fast to set the options like frame rate and the effects.

I'll expound a little more:

#1- Right when you open up the program you see a check box with show image next to it, below that, comment, below that sound- here I can only use mp3 or wav. Can you make it so that I can add midi there as well?

#3- This error comes up when I try to do it. You must disable personalized music of slides to activate syncronization by music.

#4- Instead of having to double click on a picture to change the option have a finalize mode or something where the explorer window will be replaced with a window that has all of those options for easy access.

and With z. g. a. you can highlight many or all the files and change any of the options like frame rate for all of them very quickly and eisily. But with this program it needs to be done one at a time. Is it possible to change that?

Please, if you will, incorporate all of these things into your next version and you will make me extremely happy!!!!

you can use midi files

from the ver 3.65 readme

PicturesToExe v3.65 (October 18, 2001)

Features:

---------

* Create presentation (in stand-alone EXE file)

* Transition effects

* Object system (each slide can contain buttons, hyperlinks,

labels, sub-pictures)

* Ability to set own icon for .exe file of presentation

* Optimization for re-iterative files

* Supports for multiple pictures

* Supports for slide show

* Supports for sound comments (.wav, .mp3)

* Supports for background music (.mp3, .wav, .mid, .wma)

* Supports for background image (.bmp, .jpg, .gif)

* Can create Screen Savers

* Possibility to add description for each picture

* Can save/open projects

* Each slide can be customized

* Preview button

* Making simple presentations with point-and-click interface

* Easy solution for creating greeting cards

* Customizable settings

* Easy-to-use picture explorer

* Support for English, Russian, Netherlands, Italian, Swedish, Hungarian,

Slovenian, German, Catalan, French, Spanish, Romanian, Chinese,

Brazilian Portuguese, Danish, Czech languages

* Works under Windows 95/98, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows Me, Windows XP

* Tested and optimized for Windows 2000

* Optimized for Windows 98

* Year2K-compatible

there have been many more changes -- see your present readme file

B)

ken

2. That is a subject of the next versions.

4. Yes, we will try to do interface more simple in use. But all important changes will be suggested for discussion on the forum. That's a difficult question, because many users prefer current interface of PicturesToExe.

#1 Yes, we plan to add support of MIDI as sound comment.

#3 Thanks, this bug have to be fixed in the next release.

Thanks, we already completed many useful improvements (for all users) in the future v3.90 and will work on it more.

Is there too the possibility in one of the next versions, to synchronize some pictures with a part of music, may be,

the first 15 pictures customize in timeline-mode, then, for the next 30 pictures an automatic synchronisation in timeline-mode, calculated by PTE, which ends with the end of the music; then the next pictures automatic once more, ending with the next song .... ?

The problem is, if I make in timeline-mode a customize synchronisation for a part of the first pictures, I have also to do a customize synchronisation for all of the following pictures. I must calculate the playing time of the rest of the music and divide it through the rest of pictures. After this I have the value of time do display all following slides for an equal amount of time.

It would be much better to have the possibility of automatic calculated synchronisation by PTE for the following pictures.

I hop you understand my bad english.

Greetings, T.

I agree Tripstrilles, that would be a very useful feature. I think it certainly can be done with Igor's skill. It would be very nice to be able to "pace" a section of a show with appropriate music pieces. Long smooth sections and other more energetic quick slide changes until the next different music brings it's own sync pace. Very handy. B)

I hope that this topic is the correct one to make new product feature suggestions...

Firstly, I really like PTE V3.8. I started using it a month or so ago to create slide shows of family photos. I sent out about 20 of them and everyone really loved them. I put in a few videos (started via buttons), added music.. the works all on an autorun CDROM.... thanks to you and the development group..

I've few suggestions that would've made the job of creating this show a bit easier.. if you don't mind constructive suggestions...

1) I often wanted to start my preview at some point other than the beginning. I had over 340 slides and getting to the 276th slide to preview how my edit and transitions worked was quite a problem. Is there a way to do this?? I couldn't find an answer in the forum...

2) I also wanted to add text to my slides but without the white box around it. I couldn't figure out how to do this if it is possible.

3) Another really neat feature that I was trying to figure out how to do is scrolling text. I know this would probably be pretty complicated to add.... but I envision using the text capability with all the current settings except add a scrolling capability (bottom to top). This would be a wonderful addition.

4) I created two shows and allowed the user to select which one they wanted. The initial show had the "loading...." box come up but the ones I called from the button did not. I know I had the appropriate setup selections checked because it worked as a standalone show.. Not sure why the loading... box didn't come up when I started a slide show from a button within a current slide show?

5) It would be a great addition to your product if you could add the capability of "jumping" to a particular slide. For example, say I create one slide show that had 4 entry points. An initial slide could allow me to start any of these without creating separate shows. Ideally, there could also be the capability of "jumping" to the end from a slide. That would allow you to set up multiple shows in one EXE and have different starting points..

Hope these suggestions prove useful...

I do love PTE. Thanks for all the work. I'm looking forward to new versions.

thanks,

Happy Holidays,

Tim

No one seems to interested in more transitions but I am. I would really like "page curl" and "spin" . Xatshow has these, but that program does not compare to P2E when it comes to PC shows (good for DVD). I know much as been said that fade in/out is the only transition needed, but that is not my opinion.

1) I often wanted to start my preview at some point other than the beginning. ............<snip>

2) I also wanted to add text to my slides but without the white box around it. I couldn't figure out how to do this if it is possible.

3) ............<snip>...............

4) ............. Not sure why the loading... box didn't come up when I started a slide show from a button within a current slide show?

5) It would be a great addition to your product if you could add the capability of "jumping" to a particular slide.

Hi, Tim,

Let me try to answer some of your questions. I am a relative newcomer to PTE, so perhaps someone else can provide alternate, and possibly better, suggestions.

1) Depends on which "preview" you are referring to. If you are sync'ing to music, you can re-start the thumbnail "preview" on the timeline wherever you want after you start it first from the beginning and then pause it. However, it would be handy to also be able to start the large-format "preview" from a certain specified sequence.

2) I get a white box around the text while it is being edited, but it disappears once I am finished and click elsewhere on the background.

4) The "loading" dialogue box works for me. Maybe your second show wasn't large enough to trigger the dialogue box?

5) You could fudge the show to start at different pre-arranged sequences if you created several smaller shows, and added a button to the intro screen for each "sub-show". But, I agree, it would be handy to have more control over the running of a synced show. This would also include being able to pause, fast-forward and reverse.

Hope this helps some.

Ciao,

Al