WnSoft Forums

File consolidation

Long time since I've posted here; but working with my son this week on six a/vs for a corporate client, he suggested that a one click button that would automatically consolidate and copy all files into a single folder would be useful.

I know the methodical approach of getting your pictures and music etc into a single folder before starting is the best way to go, but sometimes with tight deadlines a slide show is sometimes produced on the fly with pictures being pulled from a variety of sources. A button that would compile copies of all the files into one folder at the end of a production, would make this invaluable program, even more brilliant than it is.

Cheers,

Rob Walls

Hi Ray,

PTEv5 let's you do File... Create Backup as Zip - pulling together all the image files, music files and the *.pte project file into one ZIP file. You could then Extract this into any folder of your choice or simply save the ZIP as your stored copy.

Welcome back Rob. The create template function, (in PTE v4.48 and v5.x), will give you the result you wish and now in PTE v5.x you also have backup to ZIP as stated above.