WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.1 RC8

Igor

Limey,

1. "Menu Duration" applicable also for background music in DVD menu.

But there is small visual bug, we should disable this parameter when nor music nor animated menu are enabled.

2. Music should start again. It seems to be a bug. We'll write you today later concerning this problem.

Thanks

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There seems to be a problem with the new beta versions (1 & 2) when using Video Builder to create a DVD. When I get to the point of starting to create the DVD the program crashes. This happens whether I am using a menu or not. I am including just one slideshow and everything is left at its default settings. It works fine in 5.0. Please let me know if there is any other information that you would like me to let you have.

Eddie.

Hi Eddie,

May Iask did you get this problem sorted as I am haveing the same thing happening to my V5 beta 2 and beta 3

all Is fine if I use V5.04.

Thanks Ray

Tom,

Thanks, we'll fix bug with drop shadow in DVD menu in Beta 4.

There seems to be a problem with the new beta versions (1 & 2) when using Video Builder to create a DVD. When I get to the point of starting to create the DVD the program crashes. This happens whether I am using a menu or not. I am including just one slideshow and everything is left at its default settings. It works fine in 5.0. Please let me know if there is any other information that you would like me to let you have.

We're working on this problem. We hope to fix it in Beta 4.

Beta 4:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe_beta.zip (4 MB)

+ Updated French and Spanish language files.

+ Small improvements in Create AVI file window (it displays filename of created AVI and browse button to open folder with AVI).

* Fixed bug of previous beta versions when you couldn't modify PNG image of rasterized text object.

* Fixed bug of previous versions when you couldn't create AVI file and "catCantCreateFile" error message occured. It happened when name of project contained a dot symbol ("Project 1.1" for example).

* Fixed bug of previous versions with renaming of image filename in Slide list if there are two or more slides with same image file.

* More accurate adjusting of Hue/Lightness/Saturation parameters in DVD menu of VideoBuilder.

* Fixed bug when looping of music in DVD menu (in not animated menu) didn't work.

* Fixed bug with Drop shadow of text in DVD menu in case of two or more pages.

p.s. we're still working on the problem with crashes on clicking Start button in VideoBuilder on some PCs.

This may not be something introduced by this beta, but it is the first time I have tried the technique and it seems like a bug to me.

I have some animation which includes 4 snapshot photos on a background. Each of the photos animates in individually. There is no problem with any of the animation itself but the problem is with the picture objects displayed on an angle.

The first time I did this, I actually created resized photos with a 4 or 5 pixel white border on them. They seem to display ok and if there are any jagged/stairstep edges on those which are displayed slightly rotated at an angle, it is hardly visible. Here's a sample:

post-128-1194738279_thumb.jpg

On a new project I tried the same technique, but this time I thought I would save a bit of time on processing the pictures with white edges. I didn't feel like fooling with png masks either. So I simply added four white rectangle objects to the main picture and then added each of my 4 photos to the 4 rectangles as children. I made the photos slightly smaller than the rectangles so that it would mimic the white edges. The animation is fine and I have the effect I want.

Unfortunately, the rectangles behind the photos which are set off at an angle are quite jagged (and of course more noticeable full-screen on my large monitor).

post-128-1194738329_thumb.jpg

It seems like the picture objects when added have some sort of anti-aliased edges but the rectangle objects do not. Again, this may not be something new, but it is the first time I have noticed it.

Limey,

Apparently assigned menu duration longer than music. But we'll fix it and music/preview will repeat again according menu duration.

Mary,

Rectangle objects don't have antialiasing and it causes this problem. We can't enable antialiasing for this objects, because it may occur crashing of Windows in some rare cases on PCs with old drivers. I read this recommendation on Microsoft's website - they also don't use antialiasing in .Net Framework 3 based applications under Windows XP.

In the next versions of PicturesToExe we will add "Color border" for images as an option in "Objects and animation" editor.

Mary,

Thank you for understanding!

Probably we will able add antialiased edges to Rectangle objects. I have several ideas of using flexible capabilities of modern video cards. Like we use video hardware acceleration for video post-processing (antiflicker filter) in version 5.1.

Igor

Ver 5.1 beta 4 – Problem with – Action on mouse click – “ Go to slide number… “

It does not go directly to the chosen slide number as it did in 4.48

The slide before is displayed both in forward and reverse directions.

I have e-mail you a small test show to look at.

This was a problem once before where programming slide count began with zero but slides numbering began with one. It was "fixed" in the 5.0 betas - looks like it's slipped back.

Lin

Igor

Ver 5.1 beta 4 – Problem with – Action on mouse click – " Go to slide number… "

It does not go directly to the chosen slide number as it did in 4.48

The slide before is displayed both in forward and reverse directions.

I have e-mail you a small test show to look at.

Hi guys, did download latest beta version today and gave it a workout, could not fault it here, burned disc fine, exe great. have put test exe on net, English/Irish/Scottish wallpapers, 13 5 megs, original 120 pics at 50 0dd megs plus 3 music tracks cut down. music glitches were in original tracks. Anyone want a peek here.... http://www.mydatabus.com/public/MrT/UKslides.exe

PTE version 5.1 beta 4 problem. When I click on File/Save the program closes immediately. No matter what I have done prior to clicking on "save" the program closes. It does save any changes made but closing is new behavior.

Another problem that I can not replicate: earlier today the scroll bar below the thumbnail images of files that are in the program locked up and would not let me scroll back to the files at the beginning of the show. The "locking scroll bar" problem seems to have disappeared but it was replaced by the immediate closing when "File/Save" are clicked.

I'll be developing my show in version 5.0.

John,

I have just noticed that the small up and down arrows for moving a slide within the slide list are not in latest Beta.
Yes, we removed it from main window.

Tom,

Bug with disappearing of Next/Previous button in "Objects and animation" window happens because of Vista. We'll think how to solve it.

Beta 5 (November 19, 2007)

* Fixed crashes of previous 5.1 betas of PicturesToExe and VideoBuilder on some PCs.

* Fixed bug of previous beta versions when copyright image logo didn't show in AVI/DVD video output.

* Fixed bug with adding some AVI files to VideoBuilder.

* Fixed bug with freezing of VideoBuilder when you choosed folder path in VideoBuilder (on third page).

* Small other bugs fixed.

+ Reworked looped DVD menu in VideoBuilder.

Hi Igor,

This version 6 does not speak french ! It speaks englis by default. Esay to switch to german or italian or whatever but not french. Please have a look and tell me if this a bug (or am I doing something wrong ? I had no probem in the past with all the versions)

Thanks for your hard work.

Henri

Henri, Ralph,

I'm sorry about this stupid bug! You're right, language files were mistakenly damaged.

Please download newest Beta 7.

Beta 7 (November 20, 2007)

* Fixed bugs with customizing of DVD menu in VideoBuilder.

* Fixed bug with damaged files of French, Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese languages (Beta 5-6).

Henri, Ralph,

I'm sorry about this stupid bug! You're right, language files were mistakenly damaged.

Please download newest Beta 7.

Beta 7 (November 20, 2007)

* Fixed bugs with customizing of DVD menu in VideoBuilder.

* Fixed bug with damaged files of French, Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese languages (Beta 5-6).

Thanks Igor.

Henri