WnSoft Forums

Photo Album

thedom

I had enough skill in using PTE v5 to try improve as Ronniebootwest suggested 3 months ago when he asked if the turning pages could be smoother.

I changed a lot of thinks, the general look is quite the same but I think this version is a little bit more realistic and improved.

TheDom-PhotoAlbum1pic_v1.5_TPL-Small.jpg

[ Click on the image to acces the download page ]

Dom

Thanks, not sure if you picked up on my comments on your website. I like the new template very much indeed, other than the cover_leftside, I preferred it when you had it at 62 px width, this seems to me a little narrow.

I had enough skill in using PTE v5 to try improve as Ronniebootwest suggested 3 months ago when he asked if the turning pages could be smoother.

I changed a lot of thinks, the general look is quite the same but I think this version is a little bit more realistic and improved.

TheDom-PhotoAlbum1pic_v1.5_TPL-Small.jpg

[ Click on the image to acces the download page ]

Hi Dom,

Yes this new version is much improved. I like the inclusion of 30 pictures in the template and also I like the fact that the image is now presented almost 'Full Screen' on the monitor. The pages now turn in a much smoother way. The one thing that I am NOT keen on, is the sound of the pages turning - how can this be removed?

Ron

Ron West

Mike, about the cover_leftside, I made the modification because most of my friends who saw the slideshow using this effect said it was to wide.

I guess you have enough skill to do it. ;)

Ron, thank you for your comments. You can easily remove the sound sfx : in the main window of PTE, select the slide one by one and for each, in the "sound" field (under "Main image" and "Comment" fields), remove the path to the sound file.

Dom

Yes, I think that I can change the width if that is OK with you. Like Ron, I am not crazy about the sound of the page turning, however, not sure if you will hear it if you have a backing soundtrack.

Dom, could you or anyone else, again, advise how to had our own pics to your template "The Photo album"....is there a quick way to do this?..Bill Thanks..

Ron, thank you for your comments. You can easily remove the sound sfx : in the main window, select the slide one by one in the "sound" field (under "Main image" and "Comment") and remove the path to the sound file

Sorry Dom, I do not understand what you mean, can you explain again what you mean. Where is the 'sound field' and what do you mean by 'main window' and (under "Main image" and "Comment") ?

Ron

UPDATE:

OK I have worked out what you mean now and have removed the path to the sound file. BUT, I now notice that there is a distinct 'jerk' when each page changes.

however, not sure if you will hear it if you have a backing soundtrack.

That is exactly the idea. The sound level of this effect is very low.

If you add a soundtrack at normal sound level, the page turning will be present but hardly audible. :P

Ron I rewrote the explanations on how to remove the sound effect because you were right, they were not understandable. :lol:

About the jerk, I don't see any link between removing the sound effect and this problem. I will have a look later and will let you know if I found anything.

About the jerk, I don't see any link between removing the sound effect and this problem. I will have a look later and will let you know if I found anything.

It is not actually a 'jerk' it is more like a very quick 'color shift'

Ron

Iv'e got a question, I need to add some more pics to the album, above the 30 that came with the template,,,Explain to me how to enter the code in the objects space for additional pics...I'm curious how this was done...Its quite interesting to say the least...Thanks for any help you can give...Bill

Bill

Not sure if Ronnie West has covered this in his Tutorial for the Photo Album, you can find it at his website: http://www.ronniewestdigital.co.uk/ if not this is what I do.

I copy and paste the images. Let say you want to add an extra 5 pictures, you will first need to add the new pictures to the other 30 pictures by creating pic31, pic32, pic33, pic34 and pic35. Now along the bottom of the screen, copy pic30 and paste it one place to the right. Then highlight the new picture and open O&A, in the right hand side part of the screen select what is called pic30, select the Common Tab and change the name to pic31. Select the Properties Tab and open the folder icon and select pic31 and open the file. Close O&A and you should find that pic31 will be listed along the bottom of the screen. If pic31 is not shown it maybe that you will need to go back into O&A and select pic31 as the main image.

Bill

Not sure if Ronnie West has covered this in his Tutorial for the Photo Album, you can find it at his website: http://www.ronniewestdigital.co.uk/ if not this is what I do.

I copy and paste the images. Let say you want to add an extra 5 pictures, you will first need to add the new pictures to the other 30 pictures by creating pic31, pic32, pic33, pic34 and pic35. Now along the bottom of the screen, copy pic30 and paste it one place to the right. Then highlight the new picture and open O&A, in the right hand side part of the screen select what is called pic30, select the Common Tab and change the name to pic31. Select the Properties Tab and open the folder icon and select pic31 and open the file. Close O&A and you should find that pic31 will be listed along the bottom of the screen. If pic31 is not shown it maybe that you will need to go back into O&A and select pic31 as the main image.

Mike, thanks for assisting me.. I kinda got lost right after I copy and pasted pic30 on place to the right...Hmmmm....maybe you could offer a little bit more help here...I really do appreciate it...cause I think I'm on the verge of understanding this......Bill

Bill

I am about to send you, via YOUSENDIT, a Flash video tutorial on adding additional images to TheDom's Photo Album Template. Hopefully this will help you through your problem.

Bill

I am about to send you, via YOUSENDIT, a Flash video tutorial on adding additional images to TheDom's Photo Album Template. Hopefully this will help you through your problem.

Mike, I really thank you for going to all the work to make a swf tutorial..wow....It really helps alot...."This should be added to the tutorials page...."..Bill :P

Hi Mike,

I have just started to use the "Album for Mike" from the Dom, I wonder if you would mind explaining how you do the Pan & zoom.

Have been away for the last Three weeks and feeling rather lost at the moment.

All the best Mike

RayC

Hello Ray

Hope you a good trip. I will try and do a brief tutorial, it is straight forward, just the matter of setting some Keyframes after the 3500 Keyframe Time in O&A and making sure that your final Keyframe settings return to normal, this is to make sure you are setup for the next slide.

• 3 months later...

Hi Dom

This is a posting from sometime ago regarding a request from Ronnie West to be able to remove the 'Turning Pages' sound track.

Ron, thank you for your comments. You can easily remove the sound sfx : in the main window of PTE, select the slide one by one and for each, in the "sound" field (under "Main image" and "Comment" fields), remove the path to the sound file.

I cannot understand the instruction, cannot find the 'Main Image and Comment' fields can you send me a Thumbnail image please.

Hi Dom

This is a posting from sometime ago regarding a request from Ronnie West to be able to remove the 'Turning Pages' sound track.

I cannot understand the instruction, cannot find the 'Main Image and Comment' fields can you send me a Thumbnail image please.

Here is what you have to do to remove the 'turning Page Sound'

post-925-1202740718_thumb.jpg