WnSoft Forums

Slides animation

thedom

Hi Dom,

I have had a problem downloading your files from the PTE site for some time. I have normally solved this by going to your own site but I would like to know why I have this difficulty. I suspect it might be due to some settings in Zone Alarm but have been unable to isolate the cause. I have tried with Firefox and IE so do not think it is a browser problem. Any suggestions? Please.

Kind regards

Peter

Peter,

I'm not sure to understand.

What do you mean by "PTE site" ?

What problem/difficulty do you exactly have ?

When and where do you have it ? Is it when you click on the download button on my website ?

I have tried on several computers and I never had a problem.

Thanks for you help.

Ken, do you have this pop-up as soon as you browse my website ? :o And only on my website ? :blink:

Thank you.

Does anybody experiment the same problem(s) ? :unsure::huh:

Just can't figure out what's going on when I try to access Dom's site.

I've tried again and get to the site OK now - I go to downloads section and can download most things again, except for one area.

When I go into 'Useful Resources' -> 'Library of Effects' and try to download a template I get :

'Sorry, only administrators can view files and subcategories in this category'

Any ideas?

Sorry for those restrictions of access.

Actually, I receive more and more emails asking to use my templates for commercial purpose.

That's why I finally decided to do not share them for free anymore.

I will sell the best ones for a reasonable price (I still have to think about it).

My demos, masks, photoshop actions, etc... will continue to be free.

I hope you will understand my decision.

I have to build a new site (something like "TheDom Shop" ;) )

I will let you know.

Hello Dom

I can fully understand your decision to sell your Templates when used commercially, does this also mean that people will have to purchase them to use them for personal use only.

EDIT: I have just answered my own question, just visited your site and can see that you now have Free Templates and Templates to Buy.

Best of Luck with your new venture and thanks for all of your help and inspiration in the past.

Hello thedom:

I think it is a very good idea that you want to sell your pte projects. I think these are good enough and take a lot of work. What I do not think so well is to use this forum to promote free your "sales".

You should also be careful with the demos, perhaps somebody (...) have a way to decompile the pte.exe.

moritz.

Hello thedom:

I think it is a very good idea that you want to sell your pte projects. I think these are good enough and take a lot of work.

moritz.

Selling work instead of giving it away for free - Ummm! I have been there, done that and also have a couple of the T-shirts. My personal experience is that most people will be pleased to download anything that is FREE but will not be bothered if the item is for sale. The Dom will soon realize this I think. Even if a donation is requested, it is very rare that one is actually made. It is a great pity, because many of us provide help and guidance to forum members for free.

Don't get me started!!!

Ron

I am amazed that anyone can complain able your desision to sell some of your work rather than let folks use it free.

You obviously spend many hours working on these so why not.

I have used some of your templates and think they are superb,and if you where to ask me for a resonable amount I would be willing to pay as i'm sure many others would.

You still have masses of stuff for FREE which I think is very generous of you.

All the best

Neil

Hi, Dominique,

I'm very happy to hear that you have found some commercial applications for your templates - more power to you! We understand fully that you can't be expected to give away designs while others are willing to pay you for them.

Many of the users of PTE are using it in commercial applications, and it must be very encouraging to Igor to know that his invention is bringing financial success to others. All the best in this venture!