WnSoft Forums

Burning DVD in PicturesToExe

tg2411

I am new to this software. I have successfully created an "Exe" file that contains pictures and music. It works well on the computer. I accepted all of the slide transitions that were the default settings. Perhaps a little OTT but I am still learning. They all worked well on running the exe file or in the project itself. Some are similar to Powerpoint. When I burnt a DVD using the inbuilt software - video builder, the result was not up to expectations. None of the transitions were any good. Either a flicker or broken up. Everything else was OK i.e.sound and pictures. What am I doing wrong?

Did you add PicturesToExe's project files (.pte) to VideoBuilder or AVI video files?

For best result you need to add PicturesToExe's project files.

Where you played burned DVD-Video disc - on PC or stand-alone DVD player connected to television?

I dragged the project file into VideoBuilder. I have tried the DVD both on the PC and on a stand-alone DVD player connected to a television with the same result. This morning I experimented with the "Preview function " in the create AVI file and had the same result - rubbish transitions when played back on the Media Player. All transitions remain perfect in the Project (Pte) file. I propose to load the software onto my laptop and try again, in case there is a problem with my PC.

Thanks for the response.

Please check up value of "TV System" parameter in Project options of VideoBuilder.

If you live in USA, Canada, Japan set "NTSC". If in Europe set "PAL".

And try encode DVD again, please.

VideoBuilder automatically sets this parameter, but probably it incorrectly detected this time or probably you mistakenly changed it.

Please let me know about result.

Please check up value of "TV System" parameter in Project options of VideoBuilder.

If you live in USA, Canada, Japan set "NTSC". If in Europe set "PAL".

And try encode DVD again, please.

VideoBuilder automatically sets this parameter, but probably it incorrectly detected this time or probably you mistakenly changed it.

Please let me know about result.

I have tried this with the same result. I have now also loaded the software into my laptop which runs on XP Professional as opposed to XP home edition on the PC. I get the same results unfortunately.

A better description of the poor transitions in the DVD or in AVI file creation pre-view would be that only part of the slide is effected by the transition. Somewhere between half to two thirds. The transition appears in that part leaving the previous slide in one part only. This then flicks over completely to the new slide. On the odd occasion there is flickering between the old and the new slide at the end of the transition.

I will try changing the transition timing this afternoon to see what happens.

I also noticed that, during the DVD creation process, the slow motion picture in the upper part of the VideoBuilder screen that you see during the encoding also shows these poor transitions.

Are you using D3D enabled hardware setting or not ?

Does your video card specs support D3D setting ? ( provide video card specs)

Find this checkbox setting in:

Project Options |Screen tab -Screen Options

I have checked and confirm that the D3D setting is selected. I am not sure if my video card supports 3D graphics and am checking on that. I gather from what you are saying, is that the videoBuilder uses this aspect in the graphics card as part of the processing when creating the AVI file or DVD, but does not use this feature in the exe file or project pte file.

I think the specs of the card follow:

Name RADEON 9200

PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5961&SUBSYS_7C11174B&REV_01\4&B5FB279&0&0008

Adapter Type Radeon 9200AGP (5961), ATI Technologies Inc. compatible

Adapter Description RADEON 9200

Adapter RAM 256.00 MB (268,435,456 bytes)

Installed Drivers ati2dvag.dll

Driver Version 5.1.2600.0

INF File oem0.inf (ati2mtag_RV280 section)

Color Planes 1

Color Table Entries 4294967296

Resolution 1024 x 768 x 85 hertz

Bits/Pixel 32

Memory Address 0xD0000000-0xD7FFFFFF

I/O Port 0x0000C800-0x0000C8FF

Memory Address 0xDF6F0000-0xDF6FFFFF

IRQ Channel IRQ 16

I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB

I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF

Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF

Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\ati2mtag.sys (6.14.01.6307, 563.00 KB (576,512 bytes), 01/03/2003 04:38)

Name RADEON 9200 SEC

PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5941&SUBSYS_7C10174B&REV_01\4&B5FB279&0&0108

Adapter Type Radeon 9200AGP (5961), ATI Technologies Inc. compatible

Adapter Description RADEON 9200 SEC

Adapter RAM 256.00 MB (268,435,456 bytes)

Installed Drivers ati2dvag.dll

Driver Version 5.1.2600.0

INF File oem0.inf (ati2mtag_RV280 section)

Color Planes Not Available

Color Table Entries Not Available

Resolution Not Available

Bits/Pixel Not Available

Memory Address 0xC8000000-0xCFFFFFFF

Memory Address 0xDF6E0000-0xDF6EFFFF

Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\ati2mtag.sys (6.14.01.6307, 563.00 KB (576,512 bytes), 01/03/2003 04:38)

greenok,

I gather from what you are saying, is that the videoBuilder uses this aspect in the graphics card as part of the processing when creating the AVI file or DVD, but does not use this feature in the exe file or project pte file.

Actually both DVD processing and the exe file greatly benefit from use of D3D setting if video card hardware supports the feature.

Read this link:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7642

I suggest as Tom has recommended ... verify/install latest video drivers and Direct X.

* Also try D3D checkbox disabled to verify if better results.

greenok,

Actually both DVD processing and the exe file greatly benefit from use of D3D setting if video card hardware supports the feature.

Read this link:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7642

I suggest as Tom has recommended ... verify/install latest video drivers and Direct X.

* Also try D3D checkbox disabled to verify if better results.

Success!!

Many thanks for all of the replies. It was the video driver that was at fault. I have downloaded the latest version from the manufacturer and I now get perfect results. My son-in-law also suggested that I should run all temp files on the "D" drive which is less cluttered than the "C" drive, which could allow faster processing speed.