WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.1

Igor

We're pleased to present a new version of PicturesToExe:

PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.1

Download:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe.zip (4 MB)

I would like to thank all who helped us with creation of this version! And this and all previous versions were released only thanking support and participation of these people.

What's new in version 5.1

+ VideoBuilder:

> Encoding of DVD-Video disc (and AVI) works in 2-4 times faster now due to optimization for dual-core CPUs and using of hardware acceleration for video post-processing (if modern video card installed). Exactly same video quality as in previous version.

> You can choose a number of items per page in DVD menu.

> MPEG2 files can be added to a project. For example, you can encode your slideshow(s) to MPEG2 video file(s) and then use it again in new projects without re-encoding of it again.

> Music for DVD menu (with "Fade in" and "Fade out" parameters).

> Color adjusting of DVD menu (Hue, Saturation and Lightness). It allows very quickly modify a view of DVD menu and find your own individual style.

> Adjusting of a background image parameters (Tile, Stretch, Fit)

> Support of all kinds of AVI files imported to a project (including AVS video file scripts).

> A new tab in the Project options window - "Program" (customizing of priority mode for encoding and temp folder).

* More exact calculation of required disc space.

+ "Wait for a key press to show next slide" option in Project options available again. You can overwrite global value in a properties of a slide.

+ Adjusting of colors for Text/Button objects in hover and pressed states activated again.

+ PicturesToExe starts much faster now.

+ Timeline window remembers current position of a cursor and selected keypoint when you switch between Timeline window and main window of PicturesToExe.

+ Added support of multi-line default text comment for all slides (Project options | Comments tab).

+ Visual improvements in Music tab of Project options and Customize slide windows. You can visually re-arrange files in the playlist.

+ Slide list shows a hint what to do, when no slides added.

+ Added "Offset" parameter to "Advanced hour hand" effect in properties of a slide.

+ Small improvements in Create AVI file window (it displays filename of created AVI and browse button to open folder with AVI).

* Fixed bug with too large controls in Drop shadow dialog when 120 dpi graphics mode used.

* Fixed bug of previous versions when you couldn't create AVI file and "catCantCreateFile" error message occured. It happened when name of project contained a dot symbol ("Project 1.1" for example).

* Fixed bug of previous versions with renaming of image filename in Slide list if there are two or more slides with same image file.

* Fixed bug of previous versions when mouse wheel didn't work in Open/Save dialogs.

* Fixed bug of previous versions when "Load last used project" option in fact always was enabled.

Updated build 5.11:

+ Updated language files.

* Fixed small bug in VideoBuilder when slideshow on DVD had chapters only for first 9 minutes.

Yes I have downloaded version 5.1 and It is very good no problems encountered.

Thank you very much Igor for all the hard work you put in.

It gives me great pleasure to use this program to show sequences to my association and at my age with poor health it encourages me to go on.

Have a good Christmas and a Happy New year

Thank you Igor

Igor,

Your references to the User Guide still say: "Appendix G By Ray Waddington" - but this is now Appendix F. Please update the text in your references and your hyperlinks.

Ray

Ray,

This error is just in the text of the "Help" page in Version 5.1. When you download the actual link, the resultant guide document is correct. I don't think Igor realised I had corrected this error.

Jeff

I have downloaded and extracted the .zip file since reading your message. My location is N. California. It may have been a temporary problem. Try again and repost if you are still having diffuculties downloading.

Tom

<_< I am in the UK too and although I try to download each day, it just will not. Yesterday I managed to reach 42% download before it ceased. Today i cannot get beyond 1% download. Any other thoughts as to how we can download ?

I too have had a number of failed attempts at downloading PTE5.1. Initially the download time stated to be 1hr 20mins and then another time 1hr 15mins so I canceled. Further attempts stopped after about 500 to 600kbs so I gave up.

Then a day later it sailed through.....??????

Not used it yet though

• 2 weeks later...

Igor and team, just want to say Happy New Year and thanks again for v5.1 - over the past few days with the help of the excellent easy to use TMPGenc Xpress 4.0 I can take all the mpeg files from my hard disk camcorder, merge them into one big mpeg file, quickly create a photo slideshow to music, then in VideoBuilder easily create a menu, add the PTE slideshow and also my merged mpeg file and have both Photos and Video on one DVD in less than 1 hour.

I did my parents Ruby wedding photos/video on one DVD and today in <1 hour had a DVD made from the past few days over Xmas with family, really is so easy and fast these day, especially VideoBuilder. Thanks for the great work!

• 3 weeks later...

I am in the throes of writing and editing a PDF book on travel photography which I hope will be for sale over a website in a couple of months. In it I, too, give a plug to PTE 5.1 and the URL for wnsoft. I also plug my favourite lens sites (Nikon and Sigma) and several third-party Photoshop plug-ins that I like (generally better than I like Photoshop).

Good products by good producers who give excellent consumer service and consideration to user suggestions always deserve plugs wherever and whenever we can give them. :P

I downloaded the newest P2E Deluxe Version 5.1 and installed it. I no longer am able to put in the image name, while running a slide show. Was this disabled temporarily, for any reason?

Go to

Project Options >

Comments >

Set for existing slides >

When I click anywhere within the larger box on the right side (which shows the white/grayish word text), the button next to it, (Set for existing slides) turns bold, indicating that that the name of the image, should appear on the screen during the slide show.

I click the OK button, then click the preview button and the show runs fine, but NO names of the images appear on the screen. I have gone back to that screen over a dozen times and tried every button click and combination and the name of the slide does not appear on the screen.

Thanks for your support

Marian

• 3 weeks later...

Updated build 5.11:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe.zip (4 MB)

+ Updated language files.

* Fixed small bug in VideoBuilder when slideshow on DVD had chapters only for first 9 minutes.

In the next version 5.2 will try to solve problems with burning DVD discs on some PCs in VideoBuilder. We plan to use another DVD burning library.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...