WnSoft Forums

Projectors

davechilvers

Hiya

First of all thanks for help re the jittering audio. Using internal player didn`t solve the problem on the pc but dragging to hard drive cured it. funny thing, the CD`s run a treat on my lap top.

Anyway, looking around for a projector and there are many models on the market with so much jargon that it has a become a nightmare chosing.

I run 1024x768 on my pc and wondered what effect this will have on any projector i choose?

It would seem that the prices are kept quite high for these projectors and most companies that sell them are fairly large organisations that give little away.

I have been pointed at the Hitachi CPX 327 at £1750 + vat, add to this a screen and your getting up around £2500.

Any help on what to look for and where would be gratefully received.

BTW my intention is to put on AV`s for clubs etc, one of the main questions I`m being asked is what size audience will i be playing to, well who knows at present.

Has anyone had any experience playing DVD`s through the projectors and whats the quality like? What I don`t want to do is to jump in the deep end and spend this amount of money to find that I`ve over killed what I need or if I`d spent a little more I would have gotten something more suitable.

thanks in advance

Dave C (UK)

Will have to check which ones our school uses. Just be careful that you get one that projects well in different lighting situations--some will show a quality show in a fairly light room, others will require a darkened room ..

Also, keep an eye on price for those replacement bulbs, and the expected life of the bulb for the given projector type. They can get very expensive.

Brian

I have tried an old lLitepro ( 5yrs old ) and it was terrible. It's resolution was poor, as anything set up for an 800x 600 monitor size or greater was awful. I ended up borrowing a newer Canon and it worked great. I ran it a the 1024 x768 monitor setting without a hitch. Slides were shown on 10 x 10 screen in a school gym and it looked good up close and from the back of the gym. The sound was run through a higher end 'getto blaster'. The CAnons in Canada are going for around 2500 $ which should convert to about 1100 pounds.

My Royale Digital AV System is fitted with a Plus U3-1080 Digital Projector XGA Resolution (1024x768). Image quality is excellent, projecting well on large and small screens. I have projected in situations where the blackout as not been perfect and the results were acceptable.

Also no problems in projecting DVDs. At home I prefer not to have complete darkness when viewing and project on to a 6 foot screen.

Ron [uK]