WnSoft Forums

Burning problems

MervynWigg

I have used 5.1 to build two shows each of about 50 slides with music. Two tests of content etc burnt OK to DVD RW but the final burn to DVD is a disaster! It took 16 minutes to multiplex and get to completion of 99% of burn, then another 1 hour 15 minutes to complete that final 1%, apparently sucessfully - except that the disk is not recognised by PC or DVD player. I seem to recall a forum comment on disks being removed at 99% mark and working. Should I have done this? I have used the make of disk before with no problems. Needless to say these shows are (were?) for grandchildren at Christmas so any early response will be appreciated.

Freddy.

Freddy,

Your issue appears indentical to a very recent post. Updating the dvd burners firmware resolved the issue ... check yours for firmware updates.

Read this post ;

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7791

*While your at it ... might as well check for any video card driver updates so you know your hardware is up to par on its latest drivers.

Freddy,

Your issue appears indentical to a very recent post. Updating the dvd burners firmware resolved the issue ... check yours for firmware updates.

Read this post ;

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7791

*While your at it ... might as well check for any video card driver updates so you know your hardware is up to par on its latest drivers.

Thanks for your interest. I had updated firmware and downloaded final v.5.1 in last week. I realised that 2 e-mails with attachments came in during failed burn so have tried DVD RW again with modem turned off, which apparently worked - except that disk opens menu page then after 2/3 secs into first picture it hangs for 60 secs before proceeding as normal. I cannot see any setting which would cause this - simple single show, no animated title, single chapter. Same with 2nd disk attempt. Original DVD RW plays OK so thinking of re setting XP prior to above downloads to see if that still works as before.

Freddy.

Thanks for your interest. I had updated firmware and downloaded final v.5.1 in last week. I realised that 2 e-mails with attachments came in during failed burn so have tried DVD RW again with modem turned off, which apparently worked - except that disk opens menu page then after 2/3 secs into first picture it hangs for 60 secs before proceeding as normal. I cannot see any setting which would cause this - simple single show, no animated title, single chapter. Same with 2nd disk attempt. Original DVD RW plays OK so thinking of re setting XP prior to above downloads to see if that still works as before.

Freddy.

Well that didn't work, still same problem of freezing for 1 min after opening menu then proceeding. I have opened file Video_TS Backup file of the IFO and message "Unable to read part of a file on the DVD." The VTS_0_1 DVD MOvie file also starts then message "Error reading file." Not sure what all this means but hoping it means something to someone who can please help.

My DVD drive is Lite-On DVDRW SHM-165P6S using updated firmware, and video card NVIDIA GeForce FX5500. I have made 4 trouble free DVD's all with animations, and several DVD RW as content appraisals until now.

Freddy.

Freddy,

Try VideoBuilder with Debug report options.

-Open VideoBuilder and press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+Q

-Debug Options window will appear.

-Select Additional Option tab and enable checkbox Create Burning Log.

-Proceed with your DVD burn process.

*You will find the created log files in your user\Local Settings\Temp folder ... and/or the C Root. Debug log should report any errors encountered.

Other Notes:

* Have you verified your Video Card drivers are current and upto date ? DVD process requires properly functioning Video Card/Drivers especially if using D3D acceleration.

Freddy,

Try VideoBuilder with Debug report options.

-Open VideoBuilder and press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+Q

-Debug Options window will appear.

-Select Additional Option tab and enable checkbox Create Burning Log.

-Proceed with your DVD burn process.

*You will find the created log files in your user\Local Settings\Temp folder ... and/or the C Root. Debug log should report any errors encountered.

Other Notes:

* Have you verified your Video Card drivers are current and upto date ? DVD process requires properly functioning Video Card/Drivers especially if using D3D acceleration.

Nobeefstu,

Thanks again for advice. Downloaded drivers issued 19/12 and created log for burn which showed no errors. Sadly problem still there. Loaded 10 files, no animations and used default settings for new show which went through burn process OK - but still hangs for about 60 secs after opening menu and starting first slide. Original shows on DVD RW still play OK and only changes to files were tidying up last slide with music so current issue is something of a mystery. Will try an AVI file for SVCD later. When saving files as part of this I noticed there is no folder for Templates (or laguages etc.) as in the original v5 file.

Downloaded 5.1 again and no change. Is this significant? Also ran AVG - no problems shown.

Compliments of the season to you.

Freddy.

Nobeefstu,

Thanks again for advice. Downloaded drivers issued 19/12 and created log for burn which showed no errors. Sadly problem still there. Loaded 10 files, no animations and used default settings for new show which went through burn process OK - but still hangs for about 60 secs after opening menu and starting first slide. Original shows on DVD RW still play OK and only changes to files were tidying up last slide with music so current issue is something of a mystery. Will try an AVI file for SVCD later. When saving files as part of this I noticed there is no folder for Templates (or laguages etc.) as in the original v5 file.

Downloaded 5.1 again and no change. Is this significant? Also ran AVG - no problems shown.

Compliments of the season to you.

Freddy.

Created AVI and used Nero to burn successful disk with all animations and music which suggests to me that there are no problems with card or burner. Can it only be VideoBuilder?

Freddy.

Had a go but hung on 99%. Will have another try tomorrow pm.

Freddy.

nobeefstu,

Still having problems but at least can do slideshows as SVCD using Nero. Will leave now until after hols. Just one thought, I see I have v5, 5.1 Beta 10 and v5.1 plus another PTE file showing in Add/Remove Programs and I wonder if removing these then downloading 5.1 might do the trick?

Merry Christmas to you.

Freddy.