WnSoft Forums

Screen capture

JEB

Folks,

I use Irfanview for this from time to time but as far as I can establish it does not let you select specific areas for capture only frames (Windows).

I did have another freebie product at one time that did this but have lost it and can't remember its name. It was recommended by one of you knowledgeable people out there so can you please do the needful again?

Thanks in advance and a very Happy New Year to all.

Regards

John

Genuine "FREE" Screen Capture Tool

No Ads ~ No Limitations ~ Fast ~ Reliable

ScreenPrint-32 does what it says, you can capture anything seen on your Monitor

in any part of the Monitor or the whole Screen if needed. It can save in BMP,JPeg

Gif, Png. Images are extremely clean, no smear, origional size and can be 'Edited'

with any 'Image Editor Program' and also annotate as you wish with any Editor.

And as a 'bonus' you can drop the Images into PTE and they will work every time.

I have been using this Program for the past 5 years and it still amazes me with its

'capture/save speed' and utter relaibility.Its the Volkswagen of all ScreenCap Tools.

The "Attachments below were done with ScreenPrint 32. and 'pasted'

directly in here without any Editing, except adding my Notes.

Brian.Conflow.

post-1416-1199816615_thumb.jpg

post-1416-1199816629_thumb.jpg

I use a screen capture program called 'Bulent' s Screen Recorder' . It has a price but you can use the trial version for an unlimited time.

I like it because it will capture screen images direct to a folder with a single press of the F12 key, and it is very fast. You can press F12 while running a slide show or any program and capture images as they appear, or you can just hold down the F12 key and capture frames at near-movie speed. When it 'takes' a picture, it makes a sound like an slr shutter, so you know you've got the image. It will also capture AVI files as they run.

I had an occasion where a camera club friend bought a CD containing a slide show of award-winning images, from IIRC an Australian society, but as this chap was one of the now rare people without a computer, he tried without success to play it on his DVD player. The program turned out to be an executable made with ProShow Gold, so of course it wouldn't play in a DVD player.

I played the show on my computer, and used Bulent's to capture each image as it displayed - all 160 of them! - and then ripped the sound track with Goldwave, a sound editor.

It was then easy to use the images and sound to to produce a DVD, which appeared functionally identical to the original executable.

If anyone is is interested in this program, the latest version (4) can be downloaded from this website:

http://www.thesilver.net/

Be aware that this version puts small logos on the saved images until it is registered.

However, an earlier freeware version 1.5 can be downloaded from:

http://johnbokma.com/softwarerecommendatio...enrecorder.html

and does not superimpose logos.

Colin

I use MediaCam by Netu2.co.uk, its priced at circa $56.00 and it comes with a player and is great to present tutorials. Yon can export to PowerPoint and as an AVI or Flash file, you can upgrade to MediaCam Creator that enables you to create movies.

Here is a link to their website: http://www.netu2.co.uk/v5/index.asp

Hi Folks,

I thought I should update you on where I have got to regarding screen saving.

Having looked at (I think, all the suggestions) I have gone with Brian Conflow's suggestion, ScreenPrint32. My reasons are as follows, it does what I want, its easy, fast and simple to use and its free!

Thank you all for your contributions.

Almost forgot I didn't look at Colin's suggestion - 'Bulent' s Screen Recorder', simply because I had by then settled on ScreenPrint32 and don't at this time foresee the need for the extra features 'Bulents' offers - but who knows what's round the corner!

Regards

John