WnSoft Forums

Very large slide show in high resolution.Possible?

Oli

I would like to make a very large slide show(about 2000 slides) for conferences presentations. Each slide is in jpeg and has a size of about 100kB. I will add some music and sometimes transitions. Should it be possible with this program. Appearently, on the web, this one seems to be the best for the moment. So I hope to...

Should I have a special configuration to use it? Graphic card, RAM memory, speed of the processor. Thanks a lot.

If it works, I buy it immediatly!

2000 slides?!!! Isn't that "cruel and unusual" punishment for your viewers? Are you going to run this all in ONE show? I can see multiple shows, each run from a main menu (and PTE will do this very nicely). But 2000 slides (even if each were only displayed for say 3 seconds) would take over a hour and a half to run! -- Arrgghh... help me... I'm being slideshowed to death!! B)

The goal is to make a presentation in conferences(right word?) of a very long trip by bicycle. I will select about 1500 pictures among the 2000 scanned. The time of the show will be between one hour and 1.5 hour. It will be showed in large rooms with a projector.

Feasible with this program or should I choose another one(which one?)

Thanks

Oli, I think this software should work very well for what you want. Truelight is just having fun with the reputation that slide shows, home movies, etc. have for boring the neighbors or captured audiences. If your viewing audience is made up of enough participants who are in your show or have a really strong interest in you or your subject, you should find very few casualties after the show. Just be sure you have the show ready far ahead of your deadline and test the show on the exact hardware that you will be using. This will increase the chance that your multitude of viewers will be watching in awe, not waiting in awe.

The short answer to your question Oli is yes. Technically, PTE can support (if memory serves) presentations up to 32 Gigabytes in size. I defy any one human being to able to focus unwavering attention on such a gargantuan slide show as that! I do not envy you the task of CREATING such a behemoth, Oli. Especially if you are concerned about transitions, music and order... but good luck. B)