WnSoft Forums

Problems buying P2E

charleslister

Thank you for your help.

However.... the final price for the UK site including VAT & shipping is £36.41 compared with the US price of $59, which equates to about £30. I would prefer to buy at US prices! I am still unable to access the secure payment server. I successfully downloaded the programm before the weekend and just need the unlock key.

[Edit]

Barry Your UK price is about £6 higher than the US price, unless the US site adds any local tax and / or shipping charges. Nonetheless I have found your web site most useful - it is clear and easy to use - thank you

Charles from Soggy Suffolk

Let support know there is a problem with the server, they will follow it up.

http://www.wnsoft.com/support.htm

Also let Igor know (PM):

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1

Yes, we are a bit more expensive, unfortunately we must charge VAT or the UK taxman gets cross. We also provide the software on CD by post which does cost more than a download.

Our CD does include full slide shows, demos slide shows and videos on the disk and many people like to have a disk rather than a download.

I am sure the PTE server is OK, I can't see Igor allowing it to be not accessable for this amount of time.

Try again

Igor

I have been trying to buyP2E during the week end and am unable to access your secure server, I suspect it is "down".

There doesn't seem to be any problem with the wnsoft website. As of 0905 hours UTC on Wednesday 26th March I was able to log in to the secure pages of www.wnsoft.com with no problem and quite fast, about 3 seconds to show the page.

Perhaps your ISP has a problem with some sites, or perhaps your spyware/virus program is preventing you from accessing the site.

Colin

...... unfortunately we must charge VAT or the UK taxman gets cross .....

I bought PTE via regnow. I could pay in Euro (presently the prices are 26.68/40.38 Euro), but I had to pay the German VAT (19%), as well. My major problem was to present an e-mail address that was accepted by regnow. My experience is, that regnow does not accept customers using freemailers.

Kind regards

Xaver H.

Munich

Yes, we are a bit more expensive, unfortunately we must charge VAT or the UK taxman gets cross. We also provide the software on CD by post which does cost more than a download.

Try again

Barry

I understand the reasons and do not hold you responsible for Mr Vatman. However I prefer not to pay money to him if it is avoidable. I have tried again pressing the "order now" button at at http://www.wnsoft.com/order.htm

Firefox tells me it is unable to connect with https://www.regnow.com/softsell/nph-softsell.cgi?item=1639-3

Suggestions welcome

Charles

In slightly warmer and dryer Suffolk

Charles have you checked with your service provider?

In the past I have had a problem getting to a particular link, the answer was that it had been blocked on my providers server.

The address had been mistakingly put on a list of prohibited links due to malicious attacks originating from this address. The admin people removed it from the list and all was fine.

Good luck.

That link works for me. It looks like you have a local issue somewhere.

I have now from tried another computer on my home network and also via another computer system with the same (nil ) result. I propose using a third computer when I can get access and will report back. It is beginning to appear that I shall have to take up Barry's more expensive UK offer:)

I have been playing with the trial programme for about a week now and think it is stupendous.

Charles

Charles,

Its my opinion that you might be 'blocking' yourself from certain Internet Files that contain Images & Scripts

such as those supplied by 'RegNow' and other legitimate Websites, because you said something interesting,viz:-

Quoted..."I have now from tried another computer on my home network"....

Firstly:This means that you are working on some form of 'Wired LAN Router' or 'Radio LAN Router' which contains

a Firewall and someone had to set-up the Security settings on that...If set too high that could block the return

traffic from 'RegNow' ~ but for now, proceed onwards with two other possibilities listed below.

Secondly: Please check your Internet Security settings on your PC...see the "Image-1" below for details.

Thirdly: Open up your EMail Client 'Outlook-Express' Select--->Tools--->Options and see "Image-2" for details.

Close down and Restart your Computer...Ah,ah, I said Close down and Restart for a very good reason !

That sorts out your PC, and in Ireland that usually resets the Settings on the LAN Firewall...now try 'RegNow'.

Finally, I assume and hope you are not using a "Free-Mail Account" for EMail Communications because the vast

majority of these use 'Automatic Script-Blocking' as an Anti-Hacker security procedure.

Brian.Conflow.

post-1416-1206674745_thumb.jpg

post-1416-1206674757_thumb.jpg

Charles

VAT on PTE is just over a a fiver, you have been trying so long to buy PTE, you could have had it safe on a CD by now :rolleyes:

The effort you are putting in is not worth it to save a fiver. In any case PTE is worth 3 times what it costs :rolleyes:

Order it here and it will be in the mail this afternoon

http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/digitalav/pte/pte.htm

Barry,

I personally have no problem updating PTE over the internet.

However, I arranged the purchase recently from you of several CD copies for friends and indeed for my camera club as none of them have internet access.

Now that 5.5 is on the horizon I am sure these friends and the club will wish to upgrade. How do they achieve that without internet access?

Regards

John

They just need someone to download the new PTE file for them and supply it on a USB pen or CD, Then install it in the usual way and the existing product key will be accepted.

Alternatively they can call us and we can usually find a way to do it. With a small charge for the disk and postage they can always get their upgrade. We have a contact page on our site that is always fully up to date with phone numbers.

John,

I was just about to ask the same question - but you beat me to it !

This thread was started by "Charles" who could not make a connection

to "RegNow" the authorised vendors of PTE.

I had just posted a possible solution to his problems and I hope he

follows the instructions given. Even if he had purchased from 'bbdigital'

how is he supposed to register the Program if he can't make connection

to the 'Key-Vendor Site' ~ thats appears to be your question also ?

Brian.Conflow.

Brian

I supply PTE5 on a CD for those who like it that way. I also include an installable product key on the disk as supplied to me by Igor.

There is no need for an internet connection at all for those who do not have one, or those who are nervous about buying over the net. It spreads PTE wider and we all benefit. People like to buy the software on CD at demos when they see examples of how easy it is to get a show made.

I have never understood this fear of buying on the internet though. People hand the cards to a waitress in a cafe and they disappear with it, far safer on line and the fear is caused by the usual media rubbish and scare mongering.

Barry,

Well thats one problem sorted ~ so in fact you are an Authorised-Vendor of the PTE Programs.

It's a pity you had not made that clear in your previous Posts, it would have avoided all this

reply posting.

That still does not sort out the problem with "Charles" - in that - He cant make contact with

certain Web-Sites which contains 'scripts' like RegNow etc;- so he is still flying on one Wing.

Not much point in that if he can't download and upload Images and all that goes with PTE.

It's my intent to try and get him up and running properly so he can really enjoy the Program

and get the best from it irrespective where he buys it.

Charles...take note..

VAT Charges: This has nothing to do with RegNow nor even yourself . Due to regulations within

the E.U and agreements with the USA, anything thats paid for by 'Credit-Card' is charged at the

Vat-Rate at the point of Import of the Product as if it were a Sale within that Country of usage.

In your case thats England.

Example: If I buy a Camera from B&H Photo in New York with my Credit Card and that goes thro'

'Pay-Pal' etc; ~ I am charged at 21% Irish Vat as if I had made the purchase in Ireland with US.$$.

In your case its 17% (I think) and in Germany its 19% or so. I'm afraid there is no way around this as

the days of Retail-Vatless purchases are nearly well gone !

Web-Sites: If you are running a (registered) WebSite as a business or Sole-Trader you can get

a Vat refund because your 'Social-Security Number' is also your Vat Number ~ few know this !

Brian.Conflow.

Barry,

Thanks for that.

I can download it for them when the time comes.

I felt sure there would be a simple answer but thought I would take the opportunity to ask while this topic was active.

Regards

John

Barry

Barry stop changing the subject, my comments were addressed to "Charles" a British Citizen.

(1)

If you reside within the E.U Membership States and you purchase any product FROM the USA and your

'Credit Card' is processed through any Clearing-House such as 'Pay-Pay' with Registered-Offices in

your Country YOU WILL pay Vat at your local Country rate which will be deducted from your Credit

Card by Paypay and such other registered Clearing-Houses. Thats the Law in the E.U and USA.

(2)

Of course your Sales to the USA are 'Free of VAT' because they are Exports ~ And of course your American

Customers don't pay you ~ they pay their Local Tax Authority on an Overseas purchase made with their Card

and its deducted from their Card in the USA. (If they are not charged then the Product is exempt).

This is the 'mirror-compliment' of what happens in item (1) above.

I suggest you contact your 'Revenue Commissioneers' or VAT Authority for clarification on that issue.

Brian Kelly.

Conflow Services.