WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.5 Release Candidate 5

Igor

We're glad to present PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.5 Release Candidate 5

Download link:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe_beta.zip (5 MB)

What's new in version 5.5

+ Timeline is integrated to the main window now.

- Pressing "Timeline" button switches between Slide list and Timeline.

- You can drop new slides to Timeline from File list.

- Parameters of the timeline mode are located in Main menu | View | Timeline Options.

- Waveform now displays mixed left/right channels. But you can turn on independent view of left/right channels waveforms. See timeline options in Main menu.

- "Autospread slides along music" option moved to Project options | Main tab.

+ Slide list displays pictures of real slides. (See Main menu | View | Advanced Options | "Show real slides in Slide list" option)

+ Preview displays real slide at top-right part of the main window. (See Main menu | View | Advanced Options | "Show real slide in mini-player" option)

+ Added mini-player to the main window:

- You can quickly play your slideshow in this small preview window (press Play/Stop button)

- Quick access to any part of a slideshow.

- Left mouse click for Play/Pause.

- Right mouse click for fullscreen preview in both states: when paused and when it plays.

+ Main window now displays duration of a slideshow (in minutes and seconds).

+ Other improvements in the main window:

- Picture/Sound/Comment fields are moved to the top part of the window.

- Reworked pictures of a folder, improved view of a selected slide.

- Reworked view of a drag'n'drop cursor in Slide list.

- Other small improvements.

+ New version includes official User Guide in PDF format:

http://wnsoft.com/apr/help.htm

+ New Welcome screen (when you first time starts PicturesToExe).

+ Visual improvements in Music tab of Project options.

+ Added support of media keys on a keyboard: Play/Pause, Stop, Next/Preview slide

* Fixed problem with black screen on encoding of DVD-Video disc or AVI file on some PC/laptops with Intel integrated video cards.

* Fixed crashes of PicturesToExe (main program only) and VideoBuilder under Windows Vista with DEP protection (NX-bit) option enabled for all applications.

* Improved burning of DVD-Video discs. Previously discs couldn't be burned on some PCs with previous versions.

We're still working on this version and will improve Objects and animation window in the nearest beta releases.

This version 5.5 will contain slideshow's engine from previous version for created EXE files and you can create reliable EXE files even with this beta. The new engine for future version 5.6 already in work (with Masks objects and other improvements).

Beta 2:

+ Added "Cut All Transition Points" function to "Timed points" menu.

+ Various improvements in Timeline mode.

+ Added missed in previous beta language files for VideoBuilder.

* Fixed bug of previous beta when text macros didn't work. (It didn't affect on created EXE files).

* Fixed bug of previous beta with displaying of some images in "Original size" mode. (It didn't affect on created EXE files).

* Fixed bug of previous beta. Hue parameter for Navigation bar didn't work. (It didn't affect on created EXE files).

Beta 3:

+ Displaying of pixel size of main image has been moved to status bar.

+ Improvements in Objects and Animation window:

- Added "Cut" button to the top toolbar.

- Reworked view of Delete, Undo, Redo, Copy, Paste buttons.

* Fixed bug of previous betas with displaying of some images in "Original size" mode. (It didn't affect on created EXE files).

* Fixed bug of previous betas when "Permit control of show using keyboard" option didn't work.

* Various small improvements in the main window.

Beta 4:

* You can add transition point during playback with preview and music doesn't interrupt.

* Fixed small bug of previous betas - added images display with bold font in File list.

* Fixed bug with incorrect display of tiled background in previous betas.

* Fixed bug of mini-player when error message "Exception EInvalidOp in module apr.exe" could appear in previous betas.

Beta 5:

* Fixed bugs of previous betas with displaying of some images in "Original size" mode. (It didn't affect on created EXE files).

* Fixed small other bugs in Slide list.

* Fixed bug with error messages because of mini-player on some project.

Beta 6:

+ Updated some language files.

+ Click on time label (0:14) in mini-player sets the cursor to very beginning of the show. Click on slideshow duration label (7:77) moves cursor to the end of a slideshow.

+ Faster work of the timeline on very long slideshows (one hour and longer).

+ Light table (F4) can be used in Timeline mode.

+ You can adjust end of a slideshow on the timeline (dragging vertical green line after last slide).

Beta 7:

+ Added Grid (Ctrl+G) to "Objects and animation" editor. You can adjust parameters of the grid and enable "Snap To Grid" option.

+ Added "Set End of Last Slide at End of Music" command to "Timed points" menu in Timeline view.

* Fixed bug of previous betas when "Shift points" operation mistakenly shifted selected and not selected transition points.

* Fixed bug of previous betas when "Opacity" parameter of button's background didn't work. (It didn't affect on created EXE files).

* Fixed small visual bug of Beta 6 in the timeline with mouse cursor.

* Fixed bug of previous betas when changing of "Blur" and "Edge antialiasing" options didn't update view of an image in the editor.

Beta 8:

+ Effective usage of screen space in Slide list for 16:9, 4:3 and other formats of slides.

+ Updated language files.

+ "Repeat Music after Playing" option is turned off by default in a new project now.

* Fixed minor bug in mini-player (stuttering of picture in several seconds after switching to a fullscreen mode).

* Fixed some bugs with "Snap To" option of the Grid (Objects and animation) in some cases.

Beta 9:

+ Added "Auto Save Project every ... minutes" option. (See Main menu | View | Advanced options).

+ Faster work of Undo/Redo if a project contains slides with many objects.

+ Changes in hotkeys: Del key performs "Cut transition" and Shift+Del removes the slide when you work in the timeline

Beta 10:

+ Minor visual improvements.

+ Updated languages files.

* Fixed bug with deselecting a keypoint in the timeline when Ctrl key pressed.

Beta 11:

+ Added Farsi language.

+ Various minor improvements.

* Fixed bug when PicturesToExe could work incorrectly or show error messages if PC was locked by user (Win+L for example).

Release Candidate 1:

* Improved reliability of PicturesToExe (main window).

* Improved quality of text objects displayed on small slides in the Slide list.

* Fixed bug with displaying of textured background when hardware acceleration disabled in Objects and animation editor.

+ Updated languages files.

Release Candidate 2:

* Fixed bug when in some cases Slide list displayed old images after opening of another project.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm running Vista. I've downloaded and saved the zip file. When I Right-Click on it and take the "Extract All..." option the Compressed File wizard opens up and states that the archive file is empty. If I try and open with WinZip, that reports that the file is not a valid archive.

I am very impressed with the new user interface. The mini-viewer capability will save a huge amount of time scrolling to and fro through the sequence.

One little problem I noticed with this feature; it doesn't recognise the "Wait for a key press..." setting (i.e. a manually controlled sequence). Personally I don't find this a major problem. In fact, I rather liked being able to check through the manual sequence at 4 seconds per slide (the default duration value from my template file).

My thanks to Igor and his team for another step forward with this excellent product.

There is a problem with some tools to open the zip file. I succeed to open it with Winzip.

I have made quickly some tests, the new preview is interesting (there are some problems with objects, but it's a beta) and the time-line in the main windows a good idea.

Would it be possible, with a button to change the time-line in order to have the duration of the current slide full screen in the time-line and then by clicking a second time have the normal time line ?

Good job, thanks to all the team.

Sorry for the problem with extracting of the ZIP file! I just repacked it with well-known program we have used for all previous versions:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe_beta.zip (5 MB)

Jean-Pierre,

If it possible, please send me your slideshow where you see the problem with objects in mini-player.

Interesting facts about version 5.5

Now as you see we use same slideshow's engine in main window of PicturesToExe - in Slide list and in mini-player. In both cases we use hardware acceleration of video card - DirectX 3D mode. Slide list uses even more interesting technology - we used all power of video card - pixel shaders for post-processing of images to draw small images in Slide list with more details.

This is all looking rather good, but there is just one feature that I use quite a lot and I cannot find it.

How do I clear the timeline of time points without it clearing the slide list of images at the same time? I can't seem to find a way to go back to a slide show and re program the sequence by clearing the timeline first

The command "Delete all Transition Points" has gone

Jean-Pierre,

If it possible, please send me your slideshow where you see the problem with objects in mini-player.

It's done Igor, If you need more tell me.

Bravo!!! No problems downloading or unzipping with PKZip on an XP machine. I really like the new preview window... a HUGE improvement. Thanks Igor.

I have a recent slideshow that uses a transparent PNG file to pan slowly from right to left over a 5 minute timeframe. The PNG file used to show in the thumbnail window of the slides in the show. In this version I see the background for the program and not the PNG file. Losing the quick visual key could be a bit confusing and I'd prefer to see the PNG thumbnail rather than the background.

All in all I am really happy with the new version. Lots to play with. Thanks again Igor.

Bruce, if you prefer the old version (display "main images" instead of "real slides"), Igor made it possible. :)

It's only an option you can turn on / off :

=> Main menu | View | Advanced Options | deselect "Show real slides in Slide list"

Igor,

I didn't see it included on your list of what's new so I just want to be sure you have not yet added the fix for the ATI graphics cards because my screen still darkens when running a preview or a newly created slideshow. Will that fix be included somewhere in 5.5, or is it scheduled for 5.6?

Otherwise, thanks for this update. I love the new welcome screen!

Dom

Was your last post meant for me "Barry" not Bruce

If so, that doesn't make any difference, In any setting when you remove a flag from the time line you also remove it from the slide list too.

So far I cannot find a way to program a slide show on the fly, I must be thinck cos I can't find what I am looking for.

Barry

Bruce, if you prefer the old version (display "main images" instead of "real slides"), Igor made it possible. :)

It's only an option you can turn on / off :

=> Main menu | View | Advanced Options | deselect "Show real slides in Slide list"

Thanks Dom. That cleared it right up! Fun times.

Hi silvia1,

You wrote:

I Install the new version, but I can not open the projects that had saved

How were you trying to open the old projects? By double-clicking on the project (*.pte) file? Or by launching PTE v5.5 and doing File...Open... of the project file?

I have successfully opened several of my v4.49 and v5.1 project files by doing File...Open... from within PTEv5.5