WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.5 Release Candidate 5

Igor

Mary,

If I misunderstood your concern and went off on a tangent in my earlier reply, I apologise.

I've just carried out a little test involving a background image and four overlaid objects; three of which "fly in" during the duration of the image.

Initially the background image was the "Main image".

In v5.1's Slide List all I see of this image is the background image. I do not see any of the objects that are visible from the start of this image. I see an incomplete representation of what my total image will look like.

In v5.5-RC2's Slide List I see this image as it will be at the end of the transition. Those objects which have non-zero Opacity at the end of the transition are visible; those objects which have zero Opacity at the end of the transition are invisible. I see a much better representation of what my total image will look like at a particular point in time.

If I now make one of the "fly-in" objects the "main Image" the results are as follows:

In v5.1's Slide List all I see of this image is the "fly-in" object. No other objects are shown. I see an extremely incomplete representation of what my total image will look like.

In v5.5-RC2's Slide List I see the image as it will be at the end of the transition.

In other words, in terms of what is displayed in the Slide List, the choice of which object is the "Main Image" is irrelevant in v5.5. The Slide List thumb nail and the mini-viewer preview area both show the state of the entire group of objects as they will be at the end of the transition. The factor that influences what appears on the Slide List is the Opacity level that each object has achieved by the end of the transition period.

Given that the Slide List can only show the state of each image at a particular point in time, I don't think there is any bug here.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why bother to have the check box for "Main Image" then? What is that for?

Hi Mary,

"Main image" is used only if you uncheck "Show real slides in Slide List" (and "Show real slides in mini-player"). See image attached.

It can be useful for PC not powerful enough. In this case, only the images you choosed as "Main image" are displayed in the Slide List (like it was in previous version).

About the display of "real slides", I would suggest to display the slides like they are in the middle of the timeline (instead of the begining like it is now).

But it's only my opinion and I don't know if it's feasible. :)

post-2148-1211627801_thumb.jpg

Hi Mary,

"Main image" is used only if you uncheck "Show real slides in Slide List" (and "Show real slides in mini-player"). See image attached.

It can be useful for PC not powerful enough. In this case, only the images you choosed as "Main image" are displayed in the Slide List (like it was in previous version).

About the display of "real slides", I would suggest to display the slides like they are in the middle of the timeline (instead of the begining like it is now).

But it's only my opinion and I don't know if it's feasible. :)

Thanks Dom! Your explanation does clear things up. I didn't realize that the new "Show real slides in Slide List" parameter was there. It is in fact checked "on" by default. And I believe you are correct that what is actually being displayed in the slidelist is the slide at the BEGINNING of the transition. If I uncheck the box, I do indeed see exactly what I did in version 5.1 -- the entire picture/image that I had designated as "Show as main image". So in the slides which contain only "fly in" images, only the background is displaying at the start of the transition and that is what I am seeing. For example, with the "Show real slides in Slide List" checked on, your "Avalanche" template shows nothing but 4 gray slides in the slide list. With the parameter unchecked, I see pictures 1, 6, 11 and 16 only.

I do agree with you that the slide as it exists somewhere in the middle of the transition would be preferable to the way it looks at the beginning of the transition. Maybe we can add it to the wish list. Thanks for responding. And thanks for your graphic image, which by the looks of it is a template for the "World Tour" show. I hope it will be available soon!!

Peter, thanks for taking the time to test as well. However, in my testing it appears the slide that is displaying is as it exists at the BEGINNING of the transition rather than the end. I wonder what the could be different in our setups?

So in the end, I guess it is not a bug, but a new "feature" after all.

Thanks Dom for that explanation and Mary for your question. You have cleared up something in v5.5 that I also have been wondering about. :)

Hi,

Now that 5.5 has come to the end of its beta stage and about to be launched in its fully finished state I would like to take this opportunity of thanking Igor and his team for all there hard work and dedication.

However, I would also like to thank all you folks on this thread and elsewhere who have contributed to the testing process. Without your efforts on our behalf the process would have been endless.

Thank you all.

John.

Igor...

I got an Application Error when testing a slideshow in RC2. Here is the error message:

Exception EAbort in Module PtePreview.exe at 000071D6. Asseertion with message: "Unhandled Exception at "TAffinn" Disiposing' (D:\D_Common\WnLib\Win32\WpTypes.pas,line:532).

I had made the show in the last Beta but now I have the RC2 installed and use it. I was in PTE doing a Preview. The slidehshow has a Menu.exe. When I clicked on one of the slideshows to play it, I got the message and the PC locked up. I had to do a CtrlAltDel to stop the Preview (it showed it was Running). Got back to the PTE program. Then when I would click on the same show, the error message flashed on the screen and disappeared and the slideshow went on to play.

I openned a similar slideshow but slightly different version. I went to play one of the slideshows off the Menu.exe and the monitor only showed the background colors, not the slideshow, but the music played. Hit ESC. Replayed and it then seemed to work OK for now.

Got any ideas if it is my PC (Windows XP Pro) or the RC2???

Thanks... Gary

Gary,

I think it should be an old bug, because we didn't change slideshow's engine in v5.5. It's same as in 5.1.

I see that you disabled "Hardware acceleration" for one slideshow?

We need source files of both projects to reproduce this problem. How large is it and can you send it to us, please?

Will the ATI gamma problem fixed in PT 5.5 final ??
In relatively new drivers ATI added some changes and I don't know how to correctly apply my fix. It's difficult to add such fixes. We think about alternate solution now. In next version 5.6 we will add non-exclusive fullscreen display mode (as an option) which solves the problem with gamma (but Pan effect will not look ideally smooth under Windows XP).

Mary,

Does the question with "Main Image" option in Objects and animation editor is resolved now? Besides picture in Slide list, it also displays filename of main image in the Slide list. So this option can be useful even in v5.5, I hope.

Gary,

I think it should be an old bug, because we didn't change slideshow's engine in v5.5. It's same as in 5.1.

I see that you disabled "Hardware acceleration" for one slideshow?

We need source files of both projects to reproduce this problem. How large is it and can you send it to us, please?

Igor, Here are the files Zipped. The error happened when I played the second show ("Steps, Railings...") from the Index file. I just tried to replicate the error but it does not happen now. I hope this helps. Yes, I had just disabled the Hardware Acceleration in the Index file just before the error started showing up. I unchecked the HA box and then did a preview while in the PTE program. It happened only in the "Steps, Railing...." show.

Thanks for looking into this. Gary

Igor, Here are the files Zipped. The error happened when I played the second show ("Steps, Railings...") from the Index file. I just tried to replicate the error but it does not happen now. I hope this helps. Yes, I had just disabled the Hardware Acceleration in the Index file just before the error started showing up. I unchecked the HA box and then did a preview while in the PTE program. It happened only in the "Steps, Railing...." show.

Thanks for looking into this. Gary

Igor... I attached the file but it is about 33MB. I don't think it was uploaded since I now see the max size is 2MB??? Where should I upload the file to be sure you get it??? Your old FTP login didn't work. Gary

Igor,

In Release Candidate #2, is this a bug or ok?

I have a 4-slide project file. I can not highlight Slide #2 in main screen horizontal view. (And therefor can not choose "customize slide" for slide #2 in main screen.) If I go into O&A screen via slide #3, I can then (in O&A screen only) go to Slide #2. Slide #2 is set with Effect time to 0, and slide duration to 1 ms.

Editing here:

I see now that if I delete slides #3 and #4, then Slide #2 will highlight in main screen and allow "customize slide" access. Probably this is easy for you to see why, and say whether it is bug or ok.

The project .pte file is attached here in zip file.

MemorialDay4Q.zip

Please note that it's Release Candidate build.

It sets an association with .pte project files,

Creates a program group and shortscuts without "Beta" prefix in the Start menu.

VideoBuilder starts without quick flashing of a splash screen.

And if no further bugs more, it will be marked as a final release. I hope we'll officially release version 5.5 within 2 weeks.

Version 5.5 C3

VideoBuilder -> Help ->About still showing copyright 2007!! (see attachment)

post-4966-1211904454_thumb.jpg

Hi Igor

Just found a possible little bug. When in lightbox display and a subset of the slides are selected the Random Order command (from the context menu) randomises All the images not just the selected ones. It also behaves the same in the main slide list window.

In version 5.1 only the selected images are randomised.

I tend to use this when making our club competition shows and it is a little tricky getting the various extra slides back into the correct order.

Thanks

Mike