WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.5 Release Candidate 5

Igor

Well done Igor on yet another step forward with PTE.

Several points regarding v5.5 Beta 1

-The ability to full screen preview the slide in the slide list by clicking on the image in the preview window has been replaced with the play from current position. This can be done with the play/pause icons add to the bottom left of the preview window so I don't see the need for the duplication of this function particularly when we loose the full screen preview of the slide. Can we have it back please?

-The pixel size of image is also no longer displayed in the preview window when selecting an image in the slide list. This was also very useful when checking images in a show, is it possible to have it returned?

- When a sound file has been added to the slide the file path/name was displayed in the sound field. This is now done at the top right and the field appears to be reduced in size therefore making it very hard to see the information. This is frustration when quickly checking files added to slides, there is less room on the screen so increasing the field size, I can see this would be difficult. Would it be possible to have a scroll function on the field, or slider?

I also agree strongly with Barry and Andrew on the issue re changed functionality of the timeline.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

-The ability to full screen preview the slide in the slide list by clicking on the image in the preview window has been replaced with the play from current position. This can be done with the play/pause icons add to the bottom left of the preview window so I don't see the need for the duplication of this function particularly when we loose the full screen preview of the slide. Can we have it back please?

Please disregard this point in my post above, I have just found this function is still available by using the right mouse button and not the left as in previous versions of PTE, thanks again for all your work.

Or just highlight slide in the Main Slide list and press Ctrl W to preview slide in full screen. From Timeline view use right mouse click...

Best regards,

Lin

Please disregard this point in my post above, I have just found this function is still available by using the right mouse button and not the left as in previous versions of PTE, thanks again for all your work.

Peter

Try what your suggesting yourself and see. You will find that it works, (just) but detroys the flow of this way of working. It would be so significant for me, I would remain with 5.1 despite liking how 5.5 displays.

This is fundemental to the usability of PTE and I can't believe no-one esle seems to have picked it up. It makes me wonder how people put thie shows together?

Barry

I just uploaded Beta 2:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe_beta.zip (5 MB)

+ Added "Cut All Transition Points" function to "Timed points" menu.

+ Various improvements in Timeline mode.

+ Added missed in previous beta language files for VideoBuilder.

* Fixed bug of previous beta when text macros didn't work. (It didn't affect on created EXE files).

* Fixed bug of previous beta with displaying of some images in "Original size" mode. (It didn't affect on created EXE files).

* Fixed bug of previous beta. Hue parameter for Navigation bar didn't work. (It didn't affect on created EXE files).

Barry,

Concerning adding of new transition points on the fly when it's playing. I have done it in Beta 2, but preview doesn't update at right-top part of the main window. If you would like to see just added transition point music will interrupt for 1/3 of second.

I have also added "Cut all transition points" action to "Timed points" menu (instead of "Delete all transition points" of previous versions). It should allow to work almost as before.

John,

-The pixel size of image is also no longer displayed in the preview window when selecting an image in the slide list. This was also very useful when checking images in a show, is it possible to have it returned?
It's possible only if you turn on old view of this preview window (simple images). Alternate variant: click "Picture" button at the top part of main window (near to Sound field) and you'll see size of main image in appeared dialog.
- When a sound file has been added to the slide the file path/name was displayed in the sound field. This is now done at the top right and the field appears to be reduced in size therefore making it very hard to see the information. This is frustration when quickly checking files added to slides, there is less room on the screen so increasing the field size, I can see this would be difficult. Would it be possible to have a scroll function on the field, or slider?
We'd like to make main window of PicturesToExe more simple, if we leaved old view and added mini-player it really could look too complex and scruffy.

Hello Igor,

My goodness. You do respond so quickly to your public.

I do like the new look but with a few reservations as have been highlighted by the numerous posts already. In total agreement with Barry and another regarding the timeline functions whilst creating 'on the fly' slideshows. If I may say without diminishing all your excellent hard work the new beta2 goes halfway towards addressing the problems even though 'Cut all transitions' just seems to move them all to the right hand end of the timeline I feel that it is imperative that we can see the image (whilst being inserted in the timelime) in the preview window to have total creative control over the production of the show as we can in 5.1 and earlier versions. Is it not possible to 'delete all transition points' to start with an empty timeline or is it to inextricably tied to the slide line.

I hope it doesn't sound carping but it is so useful to have the pixel size of the image in the preview window whilst running through the images in the 'slide line' along the bottom. I realise we can see individual sizes from clicking on the top icon and seeing the size in the new box that comes up and also when select from the simple images but we don't always put all these images in the slide line.

You appear to still have all your hair .......will you start to lose it with all these rumblings Igor.

You are doing a fantastic job on amazing software.

Anthony.

it seems that the "permit control of show using keyboard" is not correctly used when i open a project.

i choose this option and i save the project, when i open this project the option is not selected...

Thanks, you're right. It's a bug. I have fixed it right now and solution will be in Beta 3.

1) I have fully understood problem of adding new transition points on the fly in playing mode.

In beta 1 it works with music interrupts, in Beta 2 without preview.

We agree that it's very important feature and we're working on solution now. It will take some time to modify slideshow's engine. The serious change.

2) Deleting transition points in previous versions and now.

In v5.5 Beta 2 "Cut All Transition Points" function does almost same job. It shift all points along timeline to end of music (you can call this functions several times if necessary). And then you can set transition points at empty space of the timeline. Press "New transition" buttons and you'll see that it works as before. If I missed some important moment, please explain.

Put the triangle cursor where you want and click "New transition".

Keyboard shortcuts: Del key deletes selected slide, Shift+Del cuts a transition point.

Igor

I am not sure what to say really. I am one of PTE's biggest fans and all the improvements over the last few years have been superb and they keep PTE top in slide show software. I appreciate all your hard work, but I can't hide the fact that I think you would lose far more than you would gain if the same function we had in 5.1 cannot be returned.

I have tried beta 2 and can't say that it improves the fuctionality from beta 1 very much. Yes the ability to delete the time points without losing the images has been corrected and I can add time points while listening to the music. However, doing that while not seeing any of the images as I go is just as restrictive as the previous problem.

Obviously I have no idea of the technical difficulties of this, but we must be able to see the images as we create the slide show, even if in that mode we have a small thumbnail as before. I think it may need to be tried, but if you have the music interupted for a thrid of a second each time you add an image, won't that create the same disruption we are trying to avoid. I think ADB summed it up better than me in an earlier post where he said you would totally lose the flow of what we are trying to achieve. They are my sentiments exactly.

For me this is so significant that if beta 2 was a final copy, I would stay with 5.1.

Barry,

As I wrote in previous message, we will fix the problem with preview and/or interrupting of music. Solution may take one week or so, please wait for next nearest beta versions.

Beta 2 does not represents a final state of version 5.5, please don't worry.

SAME PROBLEM AS PETER

BUT WINRAR OPENS IT FINE

NEAT OPENING SCREEN - AMAZING WHAT CAN YOU DO WHEN YOU ARENT BEING BUGGED DAILY :)

BUT I MISS THE PIECE OF TOAST :(

HAVE NOT FOUND IT YET

KEN

Why don't you just 'Right Click' and run from this slide?

Andrew,

You can easily switch between thumbnails and table views by pressing Ctrl+2 or from Main menu | View | Slide list as Thumbnails.

I consider that the main window looked too complicated with many buttons.

Hello Igor

When in Timeline Mode you can't do either of the above (the "Main menu | View | Slide list as Thumbnails" option is actually greyed out).

The only way I can see to get in to "Slide Table" mode (for want of a better word) is to go from Timeline Mode to Slide mode. This seems like a backward step when it was available in the previous pre 5.5 beta directly from the Time Line.

This little step just breaks up the flow when programming/arranging shows.

Regards

Regarding the issue of the slide sound field size I have proposed a possible solution, see attached screen shot. I feel the field is useless the size it is now.

I have fully understood problem of adding new transition points on the fly in playing mode....<snip>...We agree that it's very important feature and we're working on solution now. It will take some time to modify slideshow's engine. The serious change.

There are many of us, as well as Barry, who need this back and see it as very important, thank-you all for the time and effort to restore this function.

Igor I hope you are getting some sleep during the release process. We can wait a day or two longer between betas so make sure you look after yourself first.

post-3194-1207787084_thumb.jpg

Ken,

When is one piece of toast better than two?

Answer: When it has Vegemite on it. LOL.

post-3194-1207790927_thumb.jpg

Igor

A bug found I beleive.

Whilst creating new project in Beta 2 found that if a slide is removed from the timeline view the entry disappears, although the slides do not renumber from that point. In classic view the slide remains but cannot be selected. If the project is saved and reopened an error message reports transition longer than the slide number that had been removed earlier.

Alan

Alan,

Can you reproduce this problem again? If start a new project, add several new slides, switch to Timeline mode and click "Remove" button (NOT "Cut transition" as I've understood) to delete first slide?

John,

I have increased size of Sound button in next Beta 3. I think that Picture button can't be without a text at all, but I have vastly reduced its size.

I'll move it to status bar near the filename of a main image in Beta 3.

Alan,

Can you reproduce this problem again? If start a new project, add several new slides, switch to Timeline mode and click "Remove" button (NOT "Cut transition" as I've understood) to delete first slide?

Have tried a new project and this time it worked OKl. I thought I had removed the slide using right click.

So as the photo remains in the listing how may it be removed. I have only been able to access it from the Objects and animations window at the very beginning even though it is not in the objects listing. I've tried customising the picture with a transition which appears to work but was still not able to access the image to remove it. I then reomoved the following slide and everything appeared to correct itself and the slide displyed properly, and became asccesible in the timeline and classic view.

I then tried to insert the next slide at the point following using timeline view but it only attached to the next slide but was not accessible.

If I switch to horizontal view the slide is visible but still not accessible and in preview it shows very briefly.

If I insert the slide in horizontal view every slide shifts and the inserted slide appears for the project option timing. This does not occur in Timeline view.

It was only a trial so I can easily recreate the show.

Hope you understand what I am trying to convey.

Alan