WnSoft Forums

Install of new version & default template

Igor and team,

I'm installing each beta of v5.5 as it comes out. Although I always take the option to copy forward the settings from my previous version, this does not copy forward the settings from my default template. Each time I install a v5.5 beta I have to produce a new default template.

Is it possible to have the install copy the default template settings along with the other settings, please?

Further to my previous post...

None of the beta versions of v5.5 has a Templates folder in its directory structure under C:/Program Files/WnSoft PictureToExe/.

V5.1 does have a Templates folder but this folder does not contain any of my Templates.

V4.49 does have a Templates folder but this folder is empty.

Where does PTE store my customised templates?

Hi Peter,

I'm not on a PC where PTE is installed to verify but I think it's in C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/PicturesToExe/Versions/<version of PTE>/

Application Data is a hidden folder.

I have to install beta 4. I will verify tonight and will let you know. :)

Thanks Dom,

Following up your hint as to the location of the templates, I've just used Vista's Search tool and found that the templates are stored in C:/Program Data/PicturesToExe/Templates/ where Program Data is a hidden folder.

I've also just ensured that v5.5-beta4 is set-up to use "My Template" as the default template. I'll check that this setting is retained when I install the next beta of v5.5.

I think I might have become confused having so many active versions of PTE on my system at present (4.49, 5.1, 5.5-b1, 5.5-b2, 5.5-b3 and 5.5-b4). I need both v4.49 and v5.1 because they are the two stable versions that I use regularly. I haven't got around to uninstalling any of the betas yet but the parts that I use are so stable that I don't really need them all.