WnSoft Forums

Xara Xtreme 4

Hi folks,

I don't get super excited about software other than PTE very often, but this program is worth having a look at!

Xara Xtreme 4 is a difficult product to really put into a category. It does many things but essentially it facilitates creation of 3D text, Flash animation, animated GIF text, text extrusion, fancy text, etc., etc.

The new version even lets you create web pages with truly outstanding features. If you have ever tried to use standard web creation software to wrap text around objects you will really love this program. If you have struggled with Photoshop or other graphic mannipulation software to do perspective shifts on text or images you will love this program.

Xara Xtreme 4 (standard version) is a dynamite tool to help spruce up your PTE slideshows. Want PNG text in the StarWars genere? You can struggle along with Photoshop to get the perspective like you want or do it with Xara Xtreme 4 literally in "seconds" Create custom extruded text with custom color, custom lights, any shape you can imagine! Literally! Export images to transparent background PNG, Animated GIF, Flash code, you name it.

Create a web page in minutes which would take an hour in DreamWeaver or other web software. Change the perspective on your images WYSIWYG then export the image to a transparent background PNG while you are trying to remember how to do it in Photoshop - LOL. Truly a remarkable product.

Even if you don't want to purchase this product you owe it to yourself to go to their website and have a look. I downloaded the 30 day trial and when I can afford the $89.95 USD price will definitely purchase this one.

I'm impressed with what this software can do to facilitate things I do in PTE. If you give presentations, etc., with text you can't help but love this one!! Be sure to watch the many movies on the link - incredible stuff folks!

Lin

Link to Xara Xtreme 4 home page

Hi folks,

I don't get super excited about software other than PTE very often, but this program is worth having a look at!

Xara Xtreme 4 is a difficult product to really put into a category. It does many things but essentially it facilitates creation of 3D text, Flash animation, animated GIF text, text extrusion, fancy text, etc., etc.

The new version even lets you create web pages with truly outstanding features. If you have ever tried to use standard web creation software to wrap text around objects you will really love this program. If you have struggled with Photoshop or other graphic mannipulation software to do perspective shifts on text or images you will love this program.

Xara Xtreme 4 (standard version) is a dynamite tool to help spruce up your PTE slideshows. Want PNG text in the StarWars genere? You can struggle along with Photoshop to get the perspective like you want or do it with Xara Xtreme 4 literally in "seconds" Create custom extruded text with custom color, custom lights, any shape you can imagine! Literally! Export images to transparent background PNG, Animated GIF, Flash code, you name it.

Create a web page in minutes which would take an hour in DreamWeaver or other web software. Change the perspective on your images WYSIWYG then export the image to a transparent background PNG while you are trying to remember how to do it in Photoshop - LOL. Truly a remarkable product.

Even if you don't want to purchase this product you owe it to yourself to go to their website and have a look. I downloaded the 30 day trial and when I can afford the $89.95 USD price will definitely purchase this one.

I'm impressed with what this software can do to facilitate things I do in PTE. If you give presentations, etc., with text you can't help but love this one!! Be sure to watch the many movies on the link - incredible stuff folks!

Lin

Hi Lin

This piece of software seems a real miracle will download trial when I find the trial link. Thank you for bringing it to the Forums attention

Jean Tasker

Lin

Your analysis is quiet right. This product was developed out of a BBC Microcomputer program over 20 years ago. With the demise of the BBC computer the company moved onto the PC scene and XARA was their first product and as been known as a very fast programme ever since. They first developed it for the Acorn Archimedes as a XARA named programme and on that machine it ran faster Than Corel did on a fast PC, fast for then that is! As you state you can do terrific text effects in seconds, I too would recommend it, in fact my first show on Beechbrook, "Fields of Fire" was titled using ZARA

Mike L Davies

Mersea Island

Hi folks,

Lin