WnSoft Forums

2 slideshows in 1

sshort

Three months ago I created my first slideshow and was quite proud of it as got the music going and everything looked good. So I felt quite confident as I started a new one today for a new presentation tomorrow. Big mistake!!!! Somehow I created 2 slideshows with one having the music and slide transtions and the other with o music and no transition but had the nav bar which I don't have on the other one. I know I did something wrong in the saving but I do have the better one copied on a CD and tho not great it works fine. I can't fugure out what I could have done wrong and would like to redo when I have more time.

The other thing is I notice that 2 of my slides did not come up in the show even tho they are listed. No matter what I do they will not get added to the rest. :P

Quite the intro to PTE !!!!

It is obviously quite hard to figure out what might have gone wrong, but one "routine" I always use in saving is to SAVE AS so you can see the name it is going to be saved under. Same with CREATE AS for the exe file.

I have a number of times in my early initiation to PTE mixed things up. The PROJECT NAME is what always throws me out of whack, so my routine protects me from myself.

Maybe you should call up the old version off the CD and work up the new one using SAVE AS and see if that helps.

I am sure wiser people will come along with other/better hints/thoughts :P

Hi Sam,

Jim looks for wiser people,but the advice he give is wise indeed. I would also recomend using the preview option as this allows you to see the final show before you create. I would save the project, run a preview, then if all is OK 'create as...'

On the other matter of slides not in the show, you need to use the "add new transision" in the time line to get the slides in. Another route is to clear the slide list and then re add the image folder to the slide list. Up dates dont work till you close and reopen,

Alan

Thanks Jim and Alan :P I think I may have done the save as then create as but will have to go without the nav bar for my presentation today. As for "add new transition".....I don't see that anywhere in my program but I guess what I could do is clear the slide list.

Thanks again :)

sam

Sam,

Note that the nav bar will disappear if you click on "Project Options" and select "synchronize slideshow" as this feature is not available in a synched show (it is assumed that if you are synching a show you won't want any external interferences with it).

However, it would be nice to at least be able to pause the show and restart it and once Igor gets the bugs out of the new music player I imagine he will then be in a position to add a pause capability to synched shows. :P

Thanks everyone!!!

I understand the nav bar even though my first show did have the nav bar and music and worked just fine. As for the "add new transition" I tried to find it in "customize slide" and the only time the word transition comes up is in the comment box at the bottom it says "Quick tranistion" which I think doesn't have anything to do with that. Anyway practice does help so maybe the more I do this the easier things will come to me like I now know I have to put the slides in order before bringing into PTE as once they they are there you cannot change the order. :D

Sam,

Click on "Project Options" and under the "Music" tab, ensure you have a selection of music listed.

Then click the "Main" tab and check "Synchronize slideshow to music duration". Then click on "Custom Synchronization" and you will see the timeline with a buton called "New Transition".

If you choose "Automatic Synchronization", and click "Timed Points" / "Add existing points", all the slides will be spread evenly over the timeline.

However, if you select "Custom Synchronization", and "Play", the pointer on the timeline will start to move and if you click on "New Transition" you will see a blue numbered square added to the timeline.

Regarding ordering of slides, you don't have to pre-order them, although it will help save some time if you do. You can "click and drag" slides up and down in the slide list on the right hand half of the main window to put them into a different order.