WnSoft Forums

Extract images from an exe file.

:D

Hello:

Some time ago, I have been looking for a program that can extract images from an .Exe file.

I've found. It is a wonderful program.

Perhaps it serves someone. I have it full.

If someone wants to know something more..., write me an email to: caperucitaroja2@yahoo.es

The program is: MultiExtractor

MultiExtractor is an application that allows you to extract/recover multimedia files. MultiExtractor is different from other extractors because:

It extracts image/audio/video files (BMP, JPG, GIF, PNG, PCX, TGA, ICO, CUR, TIFF, EMF, WMF, XM, MOD, WAV, OGG, MP3, MID, S3M, AVI, MPG, DAT, ASF, MOV, SWF, BIK, SMK)

It has a conversion support (PNG [ New ], BMP, JPG, ICO, Vista icons)

It can extract files stored in Microsoft® Office files, Portable Document Format, Databases, raw or binary files (like *.doc, *.docx, *.ppt, *.pptx, *.xls, *.xlsx, *.pdf, *.db, *.raw, *.bin, *.hex...)

It can also extract multimedia (stored as resources or binaries ) from PE files (*.exe, *.scr, *.dll, *.ocx, *.ax...)

It can unpack archives (ZIP, RAR, CAB+InstallShield Cabinets, JAR, CHM) and extract data from them

It has a dynamic explorer (all data is mapped)

It has a very strong filtering options (like icon properties, image properties, size of files)

It can extract encrypted/packed resources of executable file

It uses drag&drop interface and clipboard.

"but I think this is a false positive."

well that is reallly reassuring

we were advised of this software

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=40383

and the description then sounds exactly like yours today

did you change your name??

ken

:o:o:lol:

Ken, you are very suspicious.

I am not Passi, I am caperucitaroja.

I can not say anything else other than because the program is still doing the same thing.

Caperucitaroja

Hi Caperucitaroja,

I'm not sure what an "alarmist" is, but I have a responsibility to report what I find. I always run new executable code through my virus detection software before installing it - I think it's only prudent to do that. Perhaps you have never lost hours or days of productivity because of virus or trojan infections, but I have, and since my living depends on my computer systems perhaps I am cautious for good reasons.

It could turn out to be a false positive - I have advised the developer of the program of my findings and I'm certain that he will test it for himself and if it is indeed a false positive then he can contact AVG and get it cleared up.

Meanwhile, it is up to any person who downloads to determine whether or not to try the software but it's important for awareness that the potential for a destructive trojan infection exists. I would hope that if I recommend a software that any user finding a positive for infection reports it in the same way.

I'm a little concerned about your comment: "crack not included" Why would one expect a "crack" for a software program? A "crack" is an illegal theft of intellectual property. This software sells for as little as $2 for a single purpose extract. For PTE most would only use jpg, png and prehaps gif retrieval unless they wanted to extract their music so why would anyone want to "steal" this code from the developer? People here are not thieves and they expect to pay for their software not steal it. Perhaps you mean "unlock code" and improperly used the term "crack?"

Best regards,

Lin

me='caperucitaroja' post='55220' date='Jul 30 2008, 03:55 PM']:o:o:o:o

Lin Evans you are an alarmist.

It is right, but I think this is a false positive.

Here a link to Multiestractor 2.72c

Crack not included.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mmimot1ty1s

There is not any virus or troyans.

I scaned with AVG 8 and with ZoneAlarm Security Suite.

Caperucitaroja

Hi Peter,

AVG 8 reports the indicated trojan on the identical download. It didn't report while the download was in process but does report the trojan when I run it on the downladed exe file. I could be a false positive because that has happened with AVG in the past with PTE executables.

Best regards,

Lin

Just downloaded MultiExtractor version 2.8.0.1 via Cnet. Norton Internet Security 2008 with all latest updates applied reported nothing during the download process.

regards,

Peter

I'm not sure what an "alarmist" is, but I have a responsibility to report what I find. I always run new executable code through my virus detection software before installing it - I think it's only prudent to do that. Perhaps you have never lost hours or days of productivity because of virus or trojan infections, but I have, and since my living depends on my computer systems perhaps I am cautious for good reasons.

It could turn out to be a false positive - I have advised the developer of the program of my findings and I'm certain that he will test it for himself and if it is indeed a false positive then he can contact AVG and get it cleared up.

Meanwhile, it is up to any person who downloads to determine whether or not to try the software but it's important for awareness that the potential for a destructive trojan infection exists. I would hope that if I recommend a software that any user finding a positive for infection reports it in the same way.

I'm a little concerned about your comment: "crack not included" Why would one expect a "crack" for a software program? A "crack" is an illegal theft of intellectual property. This software sells for as little as $2 for a single purpose extract. For PTE most would only use jpg, png and prehaps gif retrieval unless they wanted to extract their music so why would anyone want to "steal" this code from the developer? People here are not thieves and they expect to pay for their software not steal it. Perhaps you mean "unlock code" and improperly used the term "crack?"

Best regards,

Lin

Dear Mr Lin Evan, perhaps I not well explained when I said "crack", I meant that the programme was shareware.

I know that this forum is in no way a or a place to talk about piracy or crack. I just tried to make the forum members know that there is a program to retrieve the images or sounds, in the event that there is no other option. The misuse of the program is something that I can not control.

Sorry for my English, it is not my mother language.

I'm not sure what an "alarmist" is

Your message with big red letters is very alarmist

;)

Thank you

Caperucitaroja

If that means I want to be certain that the message was noticed then I'm proud to be an "alarmist". It does little good to announce a potentially dangerous threat from a download if people don't see it does it??

We appreciate the information, and I understand that English isn't your native tongue which is why I mentioned that you probably meant "unlock code".

Best regards,

Lin

I'm not sure what an "alarmist" is

Your message with big red letters is very alarmist

;)

Thank you

Caperucitaroja

And your point? As I said earlier, it does little good to announce a potentially dangeous threat if people do not see it.

You are complaining about something which is unimportant. The point of the large red letters was to make people aware. If you don't believe that making people aware of a potentially dangerous threat is important then you obviously have never had a bad experience from a virus or trojan infection on your own computer.

You are a new poster on this forum and your second post was to suggest a software. When this software trial was downloaded my AVG 8 anti-threat software revealed a trojan infection. I have a responsibility to let people here know about that potential threat and the best way to do that is to be certain that the message is noticed and the best way to do this is exactly as AVG does, with large red letters. If you find that offensive then I'm sorry for that, but I will not apologize for using large red letters to reveal a potentially dangerous software.

Best regards,

Lin

Excuseme Ken , but these letters are an exclusive work of Mr Lin Evans.

WARNING! AVG 8 Finds these results from MultiExtractor Trial Download!!!!

Just to clear things up i downloaded the MultiExtractor 2.80b

and scanned it

avg detected trojans screenshot attached

AVG did not print out in red letters as i stated

but i have seen these red letters before when scans reveal trojans etc.

ken

post-16-1217451489_thumb.jpg

Hi Caperucita,

You have no reason to feel like that. You did not provide a link to the software you simply suggested it. You are not the author or distributor of the software so any responsibility for a trojan being in the code or not is that of the distributor.

You should not be offended by a warning because of a positive or false positive and even if the threat turned out to be real this is no reflection on you.

There have been warnings in big red letters just like this one for some of our own slideshow executables made with PTE when AVG and other software returned false positives after checking them. This is nothing new here, it's been going on for several years.

We must take computer virus warnings very seriously. Some virus infections have been so bad that it's not been possible to remove them from the computer requiring a complete hard drive re-format so we take potential trojan and virus warnings very seriously. The large red letters simply alert users to the possibility that a threat exists and no one blames anyone because they suggest a software which might be infected. Do not let this experience affect the way you feel about this forum or the people here who appreciate your efforts to provide a solution for a problem. But do not be surprised when virus or trojan infestations are reported in large red letters because we owe it to the forum users to warn them whether the software is our own or from some other source.

Best regards,

Lin

:o:o:o

Well, yes I found offensive for me. When I saw these big red letters, a shiver went all over my body. And I said:

What have you done Caperucita?

Have you tried to insert a Trojan horse in this forum?

Nothing could be further from my intentions.

Excuseme

Hi Marian,

Actually, it's not the same. Yes, a CTRL Print SCR can be used as can any good screen capture tool to capture anything shown on the screen but it only captures the screen resolution and not the original file. This program extracts the original as it is embedded in the EXE file. It can also extract your MP3 and a host of other formats so it is actually a very useful program.

Best regards,

Lin

Doesn't CNTRL PRINT SCR keys do the same thing?

Anytime I need an image from something I see on the screen, I do just that.

B)

Hi Caperucita,

Actually it has been very productive. The false positive has been identified, the developer is now aware of it and will advise AVG so you have done a favor for both the developer and for the PTE forum users. You have pointed us to a good solution for recovering images and music when we have the executable but have lost the images or music.

Not bad work for your second post! :D

Best regards,

Lin

This program extracts the original as it is embedded in the EXE file. It can also extract your MP3 and a host of other formats so it is actually a very useful program.

Those who use Audacity sound editor software can recover MP3 files from a PTE exe file simply by doing Project...Import Audio and selecting the PTE exe file. You might find there's some garbage sound front and back but this is easily removed using Audacity's editting tools. It might even recover WAVs but I've never tried that.

regards,

Peter

You have pointed us to a good solution for recovering images and music when we have the executable but have lost the images or music.

<_< Really sorry that this topic can be read on this forum. If it's very usefull to recover files in an exe for which we lose original pictures, it's also a good tool for pirats who want to have our original files and it seems to me that this information hasn't to be here, neither on all forums about slideshows.

Remember that many PTE users work with this tool and if their customers can have pictures and sound of their work, it would be worst than lose sometimes a work (it's so easy to make backup).

In France, on both forums, Diapositif and Diaporamaforum, we try to don't give this kind of informations.