WnSoft Forums

"3D" Fly

thedom

Hello everybody,

It's a long time since I didn't released anything new.

I will try to fix this, especially with the new version of PTE available at the end of september (beta version) which in my opinion will include a major feature : the masks.

Anyway, here is my last creation.

It simulates a kind of camera film motion, flying from picture to picture with a pause on each photo (taken in my garden).

Hope you will like it.

TheDom-3DFly-Small.jpg

Download the demo here (8Mb, 1 minute 30 sec).

It should be smooth, even with old video cards.

Excellent pictures, would like to see the transitions a second or two slower, but I suppose that can be set by the user.

Yachtsman1

=====================

Damn, Don...Dramatic!!!! Really nice effect and perfect music!

Two questions:

1-What macro lense did you use?

2-The white frame around the images: Can you create that effect with PTE or did you do it in Photoshop?

Gary

Thank you for your positive comments on the pictures and the effect. :)

If you want to see some of my other macro pictures, in case you didn't watch it yet, you may be interested in downloading an other slideshow of my "friends" in my garden.

http://www.thedom.fr/share/dload.php?actio...amp;file_id=299

For the pictures in my 3D Fly demo, I use two close-up filters mounted one on each other : the Marumi 200 (+5D) + Marumi 330 (+3D).

http://www.bestreflex.net/kenro-announces-...roducts/review/

Dom,

Some wonderful macro images there and a very pleasing visual effect. Great work!

Gary,

It is possible to do the white border in PTE: by placing the image as a child of a plain white rectangle and adjusting the zoom values of the x and y axes separately. But it is easier to do it via Photoshop in one of two ways:

Method 1

Open the image file in Photoshop, Select All and then do Edit...Stroke (Outline) Selection... (this is the command sequence in Photoshop Elements 5)

Method 2

Use Photoshop to create a new transparent image and then apply method 1, saving the result as a png file. Then in PTE add this png file as a child object of the actual image and with the settings of "Fit to Slide". The outline frame will automatically sit around the edge of your main image. Note that the parent object doesn't have to be a main image; it could be a subsidiary image (i.e. a picture-in-picture).

regards,

Peter

Gary,

It is possible to do the white border in PTE: by placing the image as a child of a plain white rectangle and adjusting the zoom values of the x and y axes separately. But it is easier to do it via Photoshop in one of two ways:

Method 1

Open the image file in Photoshop, Select All and then do Edit...Stroke (Outline) Selection... (this is the command sequence in Photoshop Elements 5)

Method 2

Use Photoshop to create a new transparent image and then apply method 1, saving the result as a png file. Then in PTE add this png file as a child object of the actual image and with the settings of "Fit to Slide". The outline frame will automatically sit around the edge of your main image. Note that the parent object doesn't have to be a main image; it could be a subsidiary image (i.e. a picture-in-picture).

regards,

Peter

================

Peter... Thanks... I have used the method you state that works in PTE: using a black background, dumping the image, inserting another image, adjusting the image's size, leaving the black background as the boarder.

However, I was interested in putting black frames around images, when there are 2 or more images together. So when a part of one image rests on the part of the other image, a black boarder shows up on the image that is on top (with a black background). Your Method 1 works for me. However, I have Photoshop V8. I fiddled around and found the steps to be a little different. Here is what I found:

Select/All

Edit/Stroke/Width:50x/Color:Black/Location:Inside/Mode:Normal/Opacity:100%

If there are better steps, please let me know. Thanks... Gary

P.S. But I was not successful in getting the black frame to be placed outside the image, only inside. So the image gets cropped a bit. Any way to get the black frame to be placed outside the image???

P.S.S Oooooohhhh... I just discovered another way, using Canvas Size. This is good because it does not crop the image. It places the frame to the outside of the image:

In Photoshop v8:

Image/Canvas Size/Height:50 pixels/Width:50 pixels/Color:Black

This works just perfect. Thanks for getting me to work this out... Gary

P.S.S.S..... More Oooooooohhhhhssss... Another discovery... I made the Canvas Size an Action in Photoshop, using 50px. So if I want to make it bigger, I just run the Action a second time, or a third time. Super neat!!!!