WnSoft Forums

Totally off topic - MP3 Burning Software

ADB

Hello everybody, long time since I have made an entry, on this site, but I do keep an eye on it. Just switched to XP and a much faster PC so have been enjoying that for the past month or so.

I was wondering if anybody could help me. I am looking for a program that will burn MP3's as MP3's (and not convert them to CD Audio) to a CD which then can then be played on a MP3 CD Player, or DVD.

The catch is I want the burned MP3's to crossfade into each other when played (not relying on any special features of the playing device but actually burned to the CD already crossfaded)

I can find plenty of software that will burn MP3's to a CD and plenty that will burn MP3's in CD Audio format with Crossfade but none that can Burn MP3's to a CD in MP3 format with built in crossfade.

iTunes for the MAC appears to have this feature but I have searched high and low on the net and can find nothing like this for the PC.

Any help greatly received.

Regards

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

There is a software company called Magix at magix.com who do a lot of media software. I currently have their Audio Cleaning Lab Delux 3.0 which allows you to export MP3 files to a CD. They are also about to launch Studio 7 for $45? not bad eh! Visit their site and I'm sure you will find what you want,

Regards,

Alan

• 1 month later...

Alan

Thanks for your suggestion, I have had a play with the Magix programs but found another to meet my needs.

The program is called mixmeister www.mixmeister.com and does exactly what I want.

It will automatically import a playlist from the likes of Winamp or Media Player or Musicmatch then automatically generate an intelligent mix of all those songs complete with crossfades and if you want it can even even match the beat of the songs for really professional crossfades.

You can save the mix as one big file then burn to CD as MP3 or CD Audio using your standard CD burning program.

Very happy!!

Andrew:

If Mixmiester does it automatically for you that is great, but if you want to do "custom mixes" you can use any of the sound mixing softwares that have been mentioned frequently elsewhere in this forum.

Audacity, Acoustica, Cool Edit (If you have it already, otherwise it is now called Adobe Audition and comes only in a somewhat sophisticated version and costs $$$$)

Audacity is free and will do all that you want for a custom output. You will need to download separately the file required to generate mp3 files though.

Acoustica has the mp3 generator built in.

Hi Jim

Yes I have Audacity use it for PTE soundtracks.

What I like about Mixmeister is you can put together 10 hours of music complete with crossfades on a single CD and it only takes about 10 mins!

This could take all day with Audacity and the likes.

Cheers

Andrew