WnSoft Forums

Bug-reports on version 5.6 Beta (Archive 1)

Igor

Dave,

Gary,

I just found reason of this bug and reproduced the problem. It's really stupid bug.

Beta 2 will be within a hour.

Gary,

Thanks! That's important info.

By the way, could you please check up "old" feature - Create AVI file and then click Preview button. Will it work?

======================

Igor... Great.

I tried the Create AVI in the 'special' Beta and it worked just fine. The 20 second Preview tool 1:49 minutes to make and it played perfectly.

Glad to be of help.

Gary

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just posted Beta 2:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe_beta.zip (6 MB)

It should solve the problem with creating video.

==================

Igor...

I just tried the Beta 2. Tried the Create HD Video at the low settings. Super!!!

I got the very nice progress bar. I played the mp4 file and it looked terrific. Thanks. It took about 10 minutes to encode a 3 minute show to an mp4. I am impressed that the size of the mp4 is just a bit larger than the exe file. The original exe file is 17.7mb. The mp4 is about 20.4mb. An AVI of the same show is 192mb, and not nearly as sharp as the mp4.

I'll keep poking around with the new Beta.

Nice work... Thanks Gary

Gary,

I have made two 20+ minute avi's this afternoon in the highest quality - SUPERB!

Time taken was around 30-40 minutes each (maybe longer) and file size is around 400Mb each.

The only "problem" that I have at the moment is that they will only play in Quick Time. Real Player and Windows Media refuse to play them (??).

DaveG

Dave,

Please use our recommended player - Media Player Classic HomeCinema (includes all decoders and very smooth playback). To play in other players you need to install decoders.

And don't forget use only Beta 2. With previous Beta 1 you might get worse quality and slow encoding due to mistake in the code.

Gary,

I have made two 20+ minute avi's this afternoon in the highest quality - SUPERB!

Time taken was around 30-40 minutes each (maybe longer) and file size is around 400Mb each.

The only "problem" that I have at the moment is that they will only play in Quick Time. Real Player and Windows Media refuse to play them (??).

DaveG

=========

DaveG...

Yes, the only player that I can get to play the mp4 is QuickTime and the player Igor recommended, Media Player Classic HomeCinema. I like this Media Player Classic because the slideshow starts by itself and the last slide stays opened at the end of the show.

I also tried WinAmp and it will only play the music part, not the video.

Gary

my observation using

FILE LATE SUMMER 64 MB

I agree with igor's classic player recommendation

i tested with wmp 11, qt player, divx player,adobe media player,

-- the classic player on my system - Feb 5 06 install

ACE Mega CoDecS Pack\Media Player Classic

was even smoother than at Malder's show at Vimeo

http://vimeo.com/1975465

ken

Not sure whether this is a bug or just my lack of understanding. If I add an image of say 3872 x 2592 (e.g. 3:2 aspect ratio) to Version 5 with monitor of 1280 x 1024, the default setting for the image is "fit to slide" and there is black lines at the top and bottom of the screen. If now I change the settings in "project options" to define a fixed pixel size of 1280 x 1024 and then add the same image, the PTE setting of "fit to slide" is used rather than the defined pixel size and again I get black lines at the top and bottom. If you click the size/position in pixels button, the box shows 1280 x 856.859, position 0 x 83.570, i.e. the "fit to slide" option has overridden then defined pixel size in "project options". I cannot therefor see the point of being able to define the pixel size in "project options" if it is just going to be overridden by the default setting.

I should have added my version of the classic

from its about --home page

http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli2/

ken

==================

Ken...

I had downloaded the 'Media Player Classic Homecinema' from the Sourceforge site, I got the V1.1.604.0. It plays the mp4 just fine.

After seeing your link, which looked like a more recent version, I downloaded the V6.4.9.1. However, it is called 'Media Player Classic (no 'Homecinema') and it DOES NOT play the video part of the mp4, only the music. Below is the first part of an error message:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

E:\PTE-2004 France Soaring\France-Soaring.mp4::GPAC ISO Video Handler

Media Type 0:

Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 800x600

AM_MEDIA_TYPE:

majortype: MEDIATYPE_Video {73646976-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}

subtype: Unknown GUID Name {31637661-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}

formattype: FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO {E06D80E3-DB46-11CF-B4D1-00805F6CBBEA}

bFixedSizeSamples: 1

bTemporalCompression: 0

lSampleSize: 1

cbFormat: 164

....etc.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Are you sure your version works with mp4's???

Gary

Added later... here is where I found the 'Homecinema' version:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=170561

Ray,

While not. Encoding to H.264 already very slow process.

I am very sad to hear this. I have a very powerful PC that can easily handle multi-pass H.264 encoding. Just the lack of this feature will mean I won't upgrade to the Deluxe version :(

Gary

it is likely because i had the req'd codecs previously installed for the version i am using -- i got my version with a codec pack in 2006

find your

'Media Player Classic Homecinema' from the Sourceforge site, I got the V1.1.604.0. It plays the mp4 just fine. "

and use it -- if your version was working, why did you try mine?

-- the codec issue is a very complex thing that we have brought up many times when we first were able to make vcd's a couple years back -- many of us that pursued making vcd's then dvd's had to install many different packages till we got the right combination - and i cant say which is the magic combination because everybody's system is different

ken

Gary

it is likely because i had the req'd codecs previously installed for the version i am using -- i got my version with a codec pack in 2006...

ken

==================

I used to have the ACE pack installed but it gave me a problem that I just can not remember now. I dumped it. So it is interesting that the 'Homecinema' version worked.

Gary

When I add a group of jpeg files to the image list, I'm getting an error "Exception EAbort in module apr.exe at 001c3e21. It appears to normally load the first image in the group, but the remainnig images appear black. When I attempt to clear the images from the list, I get another exception @ 001c3acf. This is with 5.6b2.

When I try 5.5, the behavior is the same, but the error message is more cryptic - Assect in procedure ActualIni_sort (C:\worlds\PicPack\pteActualProjects.pas line 108).

THe pc is a Dell 400 with 4G memory and was running only explorer and P2E at the time. So far as I know, there machine is working OK.

I'll be happy to provide additional info or run simple test, if that will help.

doug

I just want to report continued success with the generation of videos using v5.6_beta2. I just created an HD version of the wedding show that I previously used to create a video for the iPod Touch. The new HD version plays beautifully using VLC and Quicktime. It stalls out when I try to play it with Gom Player and there is no music. While this isn't a problem with PTE specifically, I thought it might be of interest to Igor or others.

The show is 13.5 minutes long and uses many embedded objects, rotations, pans and zooms. It has a single mp3 soundtrack file.

Igor

PTE – 5.6 Beta 2

Test show

60 slides – image size 1920 x 1080

Show & Music length 9:13 - (3 complete songs and a portion of song one added at the end – 4 in total - edited as one mp3 in Audacity)

Mp3 plays ok and complete as a stand-alone mp3

Sync music – arrange all points

** Plays fine with – Preview & EXE – complete audio and video properly synchronized.

Test

** Encode to HD for PC and Mac (2 test same file)

Time approx 2 hours & 38 minutes

All images perfect quality on playback – using Media Player Classic Home Cinema V1.1.604.0

First test - File size – .mp4 - 334.531 KB

Second test – .mp4 – 334,658 KB

I questioned the difference in file size?

HOWEVER – main problem

Music did not encode correctly? (last 13 slides no audio?) – BOTH test.

My added portion of song one mentioned above did not play – even though joined and created as one mp3

I wondered if there could possibly be a problem with – Audio Extracting, Audio Encoding?, but now read that Bruce (bmccammon) post #48 had success with his 13.5 minute show.

post-14-1224476573_thumb.jpg

Note:

Thank you for mentioning about – decoders

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....=8903&st=20

Post #36 and suggesting Media Player Classic HomeCinema – I was quite puzzled as to why all my other programs would not play the .mp4 such as (WMP 11 – Nero ShowTime 3 – DivX Player 6.8 – QuickTime 7.5.5 no luck with it)

Media Player Classic Home Cinema – now my must have media player.

System:

Windows XP pro – SP3

Pent 4 – 2.40 GHz – 1.5 ram

Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce MX 4000

Ralph,

Sorry to ask such an obvious question but: did you save the pte file after adding the lengthened music track? If you didn't that might, perhaps, explain why the last piece of music wasn't there when you came to produce the HD file.

regards,

Peter

Test show

60 slides – image size 1920 x 1080

Show & Music length 9:13 - (3 complete songs and a portion of song one added at the end – 4 in total - edited as one mp3 in Audacity)

Mp3 plays ok and complete as a stand-alone mp3

Hawk, can you upload or share this presentation?

Thanks.

Sergey / Peter

Peter

Yes I re-saved it in ver 5.6 Beta 2 a few times that I am aware of.

-----------------

Sergey

** - I have sent you an e-mail

This is an old show I did 2 years ago, cut down 20 slides, as I knew it would take a bit of time to create the mp4.

I will try a third time this evening just to make sure this old DUCK isn’t loosing his feathers, and get back to you.

Peter,

1..If I do File...Open... and miskey the filename (therefore the file does not exist) I get a standard "Exception" error box instead of the "Can't find the file..." error box that I get in v5.5.
Fixed, thanks!
2..When I do Customize Slide I don't always see the text "Flip 3D" and "Swap 3D" on the Effects tab.
Fixed.
When I add a small amount of text to images that are being transitioned using Swap 3D and Flip 3D I see a noticeable jerkiness in the transition. If I remove the text objects the transitions run smoothly.
On my five year's old ATI Radeon 9600 Pro both play very smooth. I think the problem not in text, but it's one additional object and scene becomes more complex. Geforce 8400 not very fast video card especially under Vista.

I played my latest show both with 5.5 and 5.6b2.

Same project, deactivated useless background sw, replayed many times with both 5.5 and 5.6.

I noticed that 5.6 has less smooth animation.

I'm working with my laptop that has an onboard intel gpu (Sony VAIO SR-11M) and 5.5 works well

with this machine.

On the countrary 5.6 seems to have more power requirements and my laptop does not produce

so smooth transitions. This is a pity since I choosed PTE due to the fact it works well on my machine.

I understand that newer transition effects may require more power, but hope that if I keep working with old

effects the performance will remain unchanged (or even better if possible).

Is it a known issue? Will it be fixed? (Hope yes)

Thanks... Umberto

Jean-Pierre,

When modifying first the position and the the size, the modification of size we do are lost.

When selecting all a value to replace it sometime put 10000.000 instead of the value we put (not always)

When making a rotation on an object then put 0 for rotation, the new value of position become wrong see here the screenshot

It's a problem that pixel's value are given for the current screen definition. I know it's impossible to find a solution today, because we don't give to PTE the information about the nominal size we want (this information was given before with the size of the Cale).

Excuse me that I ask, please divide different problems by paragraphs - it will be more easy to read for me.
When modifying first the position and the the size, the modification of size we do are lost.
I can't reproduce it. All modifications in the tool window are immediately visible on the screen and I don't see this bug.
When selecting all a value to replace it sometime put 10000.000 instead of the value we put (not always)
Right. It's dynamic edit control (value applies immediatelly) and maximal value is 10000. When you exceed this limit it automatically replaced entered value to 10000.
When making a rotation on an object then put 0 for rotation, the new value of position become wrong see here the screenshot
Thanks, I've reproduced this bug and will fix it!
It's a problem that pixel's value are given for the current screen definition. I know it's impossible to find a solution today, because we don't give to PTE the information about the nominal size we want (this information was given before with the size of the Cale)
You can place Frame object as a parent (instead slide) and set its virual size (in Properties tab), say 1024x768, and it will work you want.

Sorry if I didn't understand rightly your question.