WnSoft Forums

Bug-reports on version 5.6 Beta (Archive 1)

Igor

Tom,

So the bug with thin line in iPod preset still exists with Beta 2?

Please send me source files of this project in ZIP file. And attach screenshot with settings of encoding parameters (a window where you click "Convert" button).

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jeff,

Not sure whether this is a bug or just my lack of understanding. If I add an image of say 3872 x 2592 (e.g. 3:2 aspect ratio) to Version 5 with monitor of 1280 x 1024, the default setting for the image is "fit to slide" and there is black lines at the top and bottom of the screen. If now I change the settings in "project options" to define a fixed pixel size of 1280 x 1024 and then add the same image, the PTE setting of "fit to slide" is used rather than the defined pixel size and again I get black lines at the top and bottom. If you click the size/position in pixels button, the box shows 1280 x 856.859, position 0 x 83.570, i.e. the "fit to slide" option has overridden then defined pixel size in "project options". I cannot therefor see the point of being able to define the pixel size in "project options" if it is just going to be overridden by the default setting.

There is no bug here. You set fixed size for slides (in Project options), but not for objects. Slide setting doesn't override settings of objects. If you wish to see your images (3:2) on entire display (5:4, 1280x1024) you need to resize/crop them or set "Cover slide" mode for every image in the editor.

Ken,

Gary,

Media Player Classic Homecinema is more new product than Media Player Classic. Developing of MPC was stopped and other developers continued to release new version using new name - Media Player Classic Homecinema.

Media Player Classic Homecinema includes built-in all necessary decoders/codecs to play H.264 MP4 video files.

potwnc,

I am very sad to hear this. I have a very powerful PC that can easily handle multi-pass H.264 encoding. Just the lack of this feature will mean I won't upgrade to the Deluxe version
We use 1-pass encoding, but we use quality based encoding, so it's very near to 2-pass mode. Currently 2-pass encoding impossible in PTE, because it generates different transition effects on second pass - we have to adapt the code of PicturesToExe to generate same video on 2-nd pass of video encoding.

Jeff,

There is no bug here. You set fixed size for slides (in Project options), but not for objects. Slide setting doesn't override settings of objects. If you wish to see your images (3:2) on entire display (5:4, 1280x1024) you need to resize/crop them or set "Cover slide" mode for every image in the editor.

Hi everybody,

Does this say that if "original mode" was still available we would not have this situation ?

Henri

Umberto,

Thanks for info. And I'm guessing you use new Aero Glass user interface in Windows Vista?

In v5.6 we don't use exclusive fullscreen mode anymore in Windows Vista when Aero interface activated. It caused visual problems with exiting of a slideshow or with running second slideshow from first one. Now slideshow works in context of Aero interface (like Media Center) and slideshow shares video card with Vista in this mode. So we need to have more fast video card or de-activate Aero when you run slideshow (right click on an icon of slideshow, compatibilty and choose Disable Aero or something this).

Hi Igor,

Changing Mask Container size values from 1 and 1 to even 100 and 75 (or 10,000 and 7500) work great for allowing precise size and position of objects within Mask Container, but the changes will not "stick" when you leave Objects and Animations screen.

They get changed back to the "default" when you go to main screen or create an executable even when it's created from the O&A screen.

Thanks,

Lin

Jeff,

Igor,

Thanks for reply. I see now what your idea is and agree. But could we could set the whole slide show to have either a default of "fit to slide" or "cover slide" as a choice to avoid having to alter each image individually.

Jeff

potwnc,

We use 1-pass encoding, but we use quality based encoding, so it's very near to 2-pass mode. Currently 2-pass encoding impossible in PTE, because it generates different transition effects on second pass - we have to adapt the code of PicturesToExe to generate same video on 2-nd pass of video encoding.

Really? I can understand how this would happen if I chose "random" transition but not when I specify the transition. Anyway, hopefully you will make this change eventually - I'm sure you understand the benefits of Variable Bit Rate.

Igor,

You guessed right. Now I understand why with Aero the slideshow is less smoother.

I'll perform some testing disabling Aero and let you know asap.

Thank you. Umberto

Umberto,

Thanks for info. And I'm guessing you use new Aero Glass user interface in Windows Vista?

In v5.6 we don't use exclusive fullscreen mode anymore in Windows Vista when Aero interface activated. It caused visual problems with exiting of a slideshow or with running second slideshow from first one. Now slideshow works in context of Aero interface (like Media Center) and slideshow shares video card with Vista in this mode. So we need to have more fast video card or de-activate Aero when you run slideshow (right click on an icon of slideshow, compatibilty and choose Disable Aero or something this).

Igor,

I did some testing disabling Aero Glass interface.

Performance seems better now but still something is wrong for me.

I explain better: when performing a fade between two images obviously the frame rate lowers.

This happens in 5.5 and in 5.6b2 but, in 5.6b2, it happens frequently that when the transition is over,

the remaining of the animation performs a jump and it seems

that it tries to recover the lost time.

For example: Say that I fade between a still frame and a Ken Burns Zoom in effect.

During the fade the zoom effect goes with its speed but... when the fade is over

the zoom jumps and accelerates for a few frames until it restores its (apparently) original speed.

In 5.5 this does not happen. 5.5 performs the fade with a lower framerate but does not jump at end of the fade.

So the loss of framerate is not visible to the audience.

But in 5.6b2 it is visible (and annoying).

Perhaps on a very powerful machine this effect is not noticed.

Maybe the frame time prediction algorithm has been changed since 5.5?

I feel the 5.5 behaviour is more and more pleasant.

Thanks. Umberto