WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.6 Beta 7

Igor

Many Thanks to Igor and all the Team for all their hard work creating the exciting new 5.6 upgrade. :rolleyes:

I have now bought an iTouch to show new 5.6 work.

Good to meet so many PTE Forum members at Lampeter, Cirencester and also FIF AV Festival at Belgium last week.

Look forward to meeting many more at the Great Northern AV Festival in December too.

Now I need to stay home and create new work with 5.6.

Love Maureen

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beta 2:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe_beta.zip (6 MB)

* Fixed problem with locking of the program at beginning of encoding video (for PC, iPhone, Youtube, Vimeo).

* Fixed bug if set rarely used aspect ratio of a slide (more than 9:1)

* Fixed bug with thin black line in encoded MP4 video for iPhone/Youtube.

* Increased limit of bitrate to 24 mbit for "HD video for PC and Mac".

+ Activated "old" features:

- Print/Save dialogs in slideshows (if they used).

- Screensaver mode.

+ Updated French language file.

+ Various small improvements.

Hardware request

I have a GeForce 6600 GT graphic card with 128 MB ram.

With PTE Version 5.5 I have no problems with jerking.

But now, if I have pans and zooms of "mask containers" or masks, especially if there is complex pan or zoom of 2-3 "mask containers" and background image and the masked image, there often is jerking in the motions (exe).

Sample: http://www.dfotos.de/downloads/Masken5.exe

I think I need a new and better graphic card.

What's your opinion, Igor?

And what card is your recommendation for 5.6 and > 6 and complex masking and motion?

Best regards

Andreas

Igor...

This is not a bug but just a suggestion: Would it be possible to put the 'preset' that has been chosen for HD encoding in the progress window? After it has been running for over an hour, I forget what I set it at. It would be nice to have reassurance what I am encoding at. This is especially helpful when I am testing various 'presets'.

Thanks... Gary

P.S. Can any of the mp4 HD Video presets be played on a DVD player? The SD I first tried would not play.

Gary,

Would it be possible to put the 'preset' that has been chosen for HD encoding in the progress window?
We will try.
Can any of the mp4 HD Video presets be played on a DVD player? The SD I first tried would not play.
Right. DVD players don't support playback of next-generation H.264 video (all presets in PicturesToExe). You can play this file on PC, Mac, PlayStation 3, and some advanced multi-format players with HDD (TViX, Popcorn A-110, etc)

Andreas,

Masks requires more powerful video card. I played your demo on my PC with Geforce 6800 - very smooth animation, but my display is 1024x768. What screen resolution of your display? We'll think probably it will possible to optimize this code.

Andreas,

Masks requires more powerful video card. I played your demo on my PC with Geforce 6800 - very smooth animation, but my display is 1024x768. What screen resolution of your display? We'll think probably it will possible to optimize this code.

My screen resolution is 1280x1024.

Jerking is not every time at the same place.

Best regards

Andreas

Have many ideas with masks. It's an important new function.

Thank you very much.

Andreas,

You can use some tricks for better smoothness of animation when you use Masks:

- Better to use several Masks inside one Container than several Container with one Mask in each.

- The most difficult moment for rendering happens during transition effect when two slides both have masks. Because of this better to interleave slides with masks with slides without masks where it possible. (1th Slide with mask, 2nd slide without mask, 3rd slide with mask, etc).

Beta 3:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe_beta.zip (6 MB)

* Fixed problem with encoding H.264 video under Windows Vista.

* Fixed bug with NavBar when an action is assigned for Left mouse button in slideshows.

* Fixed bug when Container of mask didn't remember assigned virtual size (in Properties tab).

* Fixed various small bugs in the main program of PicturesToExe.

+ Activated "old" features:

- "Pause when window of slide show becomes inactive" option (Project options | Main tab).

Do I understand it that in beta3 we still cannot use slide display options such as 'Wait for a key press or mouse click to show next slide'?

I'm working around this by using a display time of 400 seconds and manually 'clicking' forward, but I'll be pleased to see the feature activated again -next beta?

DEN (NE UK)

Michel,

It's only earlier beta versions, I'm continiously working on fixing of discovered problems. If I can't fix some bug quickly it doesn't mean it won't be fixed in nearest beta releases. Final versions usually are very reliable. I'm trying to read personally all responses and reply to every request besides development of PicturesToExe, it is hard work, please understand. I remember about all important problems and questions but I need more time.

I would like to back Igor on this!

I was one of the biggest fans of Original Mode and thought that I would be disadvantaged without it, but the solution he has provided is workable and if it gives us a better PTE in the end, then I am in favour of persevering with it.

If Original Mode is ESSENTIAL to your method of working then use 5.5!!

PATIENCE, EVERYONE!!

DaveG

Beta 4 without or only with few anti-shimmering seems to play quite well and smooth - also with complex moving of 2-3 masks and background.

Yeah, I think, I need no new video card (actual GeForce).

@Michel: If you don't want to use the new features like masks etc. - where is the problem?

After some months (I used PTE last months only for PC), I burned a DVD - quality is exceptional good.

Thanks Igor for all effort

Andreas

Michel,

It's important for me to hear all opinions and responses. Thanks.

But it better divide temporal problems of beta-versions (bugs) and more serious problems.

I'm thinking about your and previous signals concerning raising complexity of PicturesToExe. I'll write my suggestions and questions in several days.

It's why the opinion of a bad driver video for this problem seems easy, very fast and not usual from Igor.
Even if I write in email for some problem - it is not a bug of PTE, please don't consider it as a final answer, I still try to find some solution, please be patient and probably better to avoid pessimistic predictions that doesn't help in solving of problems.

When we read the forum, we have the opinions of some users and professionnal users also, but it not all. Many peoele don't write anywhere, but write by email or discuss. I have some friends in walk, by example, who bought PTE, speaking with me: all says now that PTE become "hard" in functions. This opinion is also important for Wnsoft. Warning.

Common sense seems coming back !

I am very pleased to read that I probably don't come from an exotic planet and that others are also bothered with the evolution of that software which is now to the antipodes of PTE V4's end version philosophy, due partly probably to the inflation of never ending new features .... all of absolute urgent need and vital necessity !