WnSoft Forums

creating videos with new beta

stevehurst

I have just downloaded the latest 5.6 beta1. I am having problem creating the HD video or video for iPhone. It goes through the process, the progress bar completes to 100% I click on done but no file is produced. Is this not implemented yet or have I done something wrong? The slide show only has about 3 pictures in it. I am using Vista Home premium.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Steve,

Some media players do not recognize mp4 as a file extension - even some Windows Media Players even though they will play the mp4 format. Search for *.mp4 on your c: drive and it probably will be there.

best regards,

Lin

That's what I thought, but there is no file - nothing - just the original pte file

After the Creating file for is done I get an image of a blue disc with a green tick. Click Done and then nothing.

10 minutes of High Quality 1280x720 video made and looks really good.

That's enough to prove that my problem was the incorrect, corrupt or missing MPEG4 Codec.

I will leave it at that for now.

EDIT:

Sorry Igor, I posted without seeing your request - the codec I have used was from the ACE CODEC SET and I had already done this.

DaveG

Just tried it on an old laptop running windows xp pro and it works fine. So either a problem with Vista Home premium or it is expecting some other software or something I have installed causing a problem - although I don't have much installed on this machine

Igor,

This isn't an issue with all Vista Home Premium systems. I've just downloaded beta 2, installed it, created a five slide, 30-second sequence and produced an mp4 file taking all the default values along the way. It was placed in the same folder as my PTE project file and was named the same as the PTE project file except for .mp4 instead of .pte as the file extension.

I played it back using VLC Player and the quality is superb.

regards,

Peter

Peter,

Your system is probably OK - BUT - I was able to do what you described when I originally had the problem.

The real test is to do a MUCH longer show - 10 minutes - 20 minutes..

I am now able to do as long a show as I wish (apparently) but it was not always so.

I think that the giveaway sign is if the PROGRESS Bar appears almost immediately you are OK.

DaveG