WnSoft Forums

Jerky fade in/out

cwizper

Hi,

I'm just experimenting with the program for the first time and would like to use fade in/out as my most frequent transition but the motion is very jerky. I have a fast machine (1.8 GHz) and 32 Mb of video memory so don't think it's a hardware issue. Also, most of my images are high resolution (more than 500 Kb) but I've tried with images of about 50 Kb with the same results. Any ideas of what I may try to smooth the transition?

Thanks very much,

cwizper

I think many of us have experienced this in the past and no doubt someone more experienced than me will soon step in with the answers. In the meantime you might give some more details so that they may be better informed to provide the answers. What music files are you using wav or mp3? What synchronise system are you using default, music duration or customised? You might look at earlier threads such as "Audio Jitter" on page 4 in which Ian gives a useful explanation which may be analagous. My suggestion in the meantime is to check your "Time on Screen" + "Fade Time" and to use mp3 music files if your not already doing so.

Ron [uK]

Hopefully, Dana is reading this forum, because I had this problem many months ago and got some worthwhile advice from Dana. However, I have a new faster machine now, don't have the jerkiness problem, and don't remember the answer (I think it had something to do with the length of the fade in/fade out as compared to length of time for showing the slide).

Davia

Actually its only really to do with contrast, fading from black to white or the other is always jerky I have found, but if you fade from mid range then there is no problem. Yes machine speed plays a part but far less than the contrast ration