WnSoft Forums

Windows service pack SP3

peterandjean

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Jean

I upgraded a couple of months ago after delaying a couple of months. All went well, so I upgraded my second machine also without probllems. I think one of the main criterea is your processor, mine were both Pentium, I seem to remember there was an issue with other processors.

Yachtsman1

Hi Jean

I upgraded a couple of months ago after delaying a couple of months. All went well, so I upgraded my second machine also without probllems. I think one of the main criterea is your processor, mine were both Pentium, I seem to remember there was an issue with other processors.

Yachtsman1

Hi yachtsman and ken

Thank you both for your help. I have read info Ken and need to look again at it to thoroughly understand it.

On my older machine that has a pentium processor but does not have PTE the SP3 download went smoothly with no hiccups

My other machine which has PTE on has the following processor so when I pluck up courage to download SP3 on this machine I will let you know the outcome

I have an Intel®Pentium®D CPU 2.8GHz processor

Manufacturer Genuineintel

Thank you both once again for your continued help. I love PTE

Jean

Hello Jean,

As Yachtsman has said the issue with Service Pack 3 was indeed with the type of processor, ie, a pentium or AMD.

I have an AMD on my desktop and Pentium on my Laptop. I have installed SP3 on both but with caution on the desktop and all works well. PtE was never an issue with it as far as I knew.

The problem was that AMDs would sometimes loop into a crash/reboot situation with SP3 installed .A friend of mine experienced this so I did see it first hand.

If you have pentiums you shouldn't have a problem.

Anthony

Jean

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....amp;#entry56030

cant say whether all my links are there still

ken

Hi Ken

As promised I said I would let you know when I installed Windows SP3. All worked smoothly. Took about half an hour. Backed files up first

First I went to Start/All Programs/Accessories/SystemRestore/ then created a restore point and then activated the download for SP3 during the SP3 download a file backup was automatically done. I do have a pentium proccessor. Thank you for your help

Jean