WnSoft Forums

"Monochrome Hawes"

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

I have been thinking about doing a B&W show since I saw one on here featuring graves. I have a Nikon camera that can be set to shoot in b&w so that was another reason. I also wanted to test the camera's capability for low light shots without flash. Some of the pictures are a little hazy and wouldn't normally have been used.

Incidentally I use Adobe Photoshop Elements 5 for editing, when I opened the so called B&W shots in elements 5 they were in colour :blink: I emailed Nikon to ask why, they said they had to be opened in Nikon software first then in Elements 5, I used picture project to get them out of the camera, which is Nikon so :blink:

Hawes the subject town is in the heart of Wensleydale in the Yorkshire Dales. The show is only 7 minutes long at 17mb. The link is http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8ad1243...9492025628607e1

Yachtsman1

Hello Eric,

Yorkshire, gods country as we say. I have been to hawes many times but never stayed behind at night so I was thrilled to view your sequence. I really like the photography, the place really has good street lighting.

Pie and peas lol, now we are talking.

Ralph

Guest Yachtsman1
Hello Eric,

Yorkshire, gods country as we say. I have been to hawes many times but never stayed behind at night so I was thrilled to view your sequence. I really like the photography, the place really has good street lighting.

Pie and peas lol, now we are talking.

Ralph

Thanks Ralph. It really was -1 degrees c, unfortunately we were too early for the moon rise, it appeared over the horizon as we drove home.

Regards

Eric.

Hawes the subject town is in the heart of Wensleydale in the Yorkshire Dales. The show is only 7 minutes long at 17mb. The link is http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8ad1243...9492025628607e1

Yachtsman1

Interesting show Yachtsman1. I liked the B&W, the music, and especially the voice-over poetry. I'm beginning to use voice-over in a few of my shows. So far I've learned that it's more difficult than one would guess.

Dave

Guest Yachtsman1
Interesting show Yachtsman1. I liked the B&W, the music, and especially the voice-over poetry. I'm beginning to use voice-over in a few of my shows. So far I've learned that it's more difficult than one would guess.

Dave

Hi Dave

Thanks for the comments. I find the poetry type of voice over easier than a general commentary. However it was most noticeable in the show the difference in the three recordings, 1 & 2 were originally recorded together, then 2 was re-recorded, can't remenber why.

I have just remembered why, I changed a word and tried to insert it in audacity, but it didn't sound right so I re-recorded it, but it still sounds different.

Three was added after taking the pictures as I thought the show needed a finish line. I bought a boom mike stand to mount my Samson C03 USB mike, and a pop screen so I can now sit in comfort with the mike a few inches from my mouth and read the script from my laptop. 3 was made with this set up and I think sounds the best. Incidentally, if you decide on a poetic commentary, google have a section called "Rhymes With?" which provides lots of examples if you are stuck on a particular word.

Yachtsman1

Yaughtsman

Good sequence and your voice was perfect for the poetry. I have found that I sound a lot different in the morning than I do at night. So, when I record commentary or a tutorial DVD I never leave a recording half done. I like to complete it at one sitting so it all sounds the same.

The worst part is when you get a cold halfway through a DVD tutorial :rolleyes:

Guest Yachtsman1
Yaughtsman

Good sequence and your voice was perfect for the poetry. I have found that I sound a lot different in the morning than I do at night. So, when I record commentary or a tutorial DVD I never leave a recording half done. I like to complete it at one sitting so it all sounds the same.

The worst part is when you get a cold halfway through a DVD tutorial :rolleyes:

Thanks Barry

Praise indeed from the Master!!!

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1
Eric,

What a delightful sequence. I thought the photography was lovely and the voice and poems super.

It makes a very pleasant change from so many of the AVs I seem to dowload these days.

This one I will keep on the desktop.

Thank you.

Anthony

Thanks Anthony for your kind comments.

Incidentally the first photographer in the closing sequence is my wife who usually just acts as dogsbody when we go out on a shoot, I bought her a camera at Christmas so she was snapping along in colour, using my monopod. Unfortunately 90% of her shots had camera shake. I used a tripod & had about 80% success luckily.

Thanks again.

Eric

Yachtsman1