WnSoft Forums

Help Please..!

mfetterhoff

Hello Friends..

I recently had to use a data recovery tool to recover data from a failing hard drive. I was able to recover the pte file for my slideshow, but when I try to open it I get a notice indicating the following:

"Project Files created with PicturesToExe v1.00-v1.60 are not supported now".

The PTE file was created with version 5.5

How can I get the program to open this file?

"open your pte and save it

thrn open your new pte with 5.5 and resave it with a new name

now you have a 4.49 version and a 5.5 version"

had a quick nap and figger i better expand these comments

whjen you have shows made with 2 different versions ver 5 and ver 4 always open the appropriate program first then direct it to the pte you want to open

DO NOT TRY OPENING THE OLD VERSIONS BY DOUBLE CLICKING THE THE PTE SHOW'S ICON

AND

RENAME YOUR DESKTOP ICONS SHORTCUTS TO REFLECT THE VERSION --SEE THE SCREENSHOT EXAMPLE

KEN

post-16-1232626297_thumb.png

Thank-you Ken.. unfortunately, this did not have any effect. I launch 4.49, and steer it to the pte file, but I still receive the same notice.

This is killing me. I have a deadline for a corporate presentation. This pte was created with 5.5.. I can't understand why neither version will open the file.

Appreciate the support. Thanks again.

Mark.

I get that message when opening 4.49.

I just click on OK and the programme opens.

I get that message if I try to open a V5 or later PTE project - it then will not open the project.

You need to install 5.6 and then you will be able to open ANY project.

DaveG

Thanks, Dave.

I tried this but I get an eternal hour glass. Thought I had it there for a moment. Is it possible that the pte file is corrupt?

the pte file was created on another PC and moved to the one I am using now. Could I be missing some reference in the

registry maybe, on this new PC? Is there a tool to recover the pte if it is corrupt?

Hi Robert,

Could you create a zip file including your PTE file which you can't open and the images needed to run this PTE and post a link to it?

We could look at it and see whether the problem is local or with the file itself. It is possible to edit a PTE file manually but I would need to look at it to see if I can find an issue.

Best regards,

Lin