WnSoft Forums

NEW PROJECTORS

Conflow

Hi All,

For some months past there have been various threads on the Forum concerning Projectors and the problems associated

with them. This Post is not a 're-hash' of those threads nor is it intended to become a discussion piece about 'old wounds'.

For those of you in the process of selecting or planning to purchase a New Projector ~ particularily those who want to use

the PTE-PZR Effects, ~ this Post may be of some benefit to you.

1)

Below you will find an Attachment titled:-

Projector-1.

This is a simple 'Block-Diagram' of the workings of a tyical Projector. It shows how the Image-System works. Explaination Notes

on the system are under the Drawing. In every Projector there is a working part called the 'Frame-Buffer' and this is responsible

for the Image-Construction you see on the Projector Screen. There are many types of 'pseudo' Frame-Buffers giving different

qualities of Image-Reproduction. The best type is the 'Chip-Memory Frame-Buffer' and that should be specified at time of Purchase.

2)

Also below you will find an Attachment titled:-

Projector-2

This is the latest issue of 'Projector Reviews'.Com listing all New Projectors and a review of each. It also features 'Technical-articles'

and may I draw you attention to an article,titled:- Frame-Interpolation with reference to my point (1) above. But be careful with this

as many Manufacturers are trying to invent alternatives to the expensive 'Multi-Frame buffer System.

Link to Projector-Reviews:-

http://www.projectorreviews.com/

I hope this Post may be of help when selecting and purchasing your new projector.

Brian.Conflow.

post-1416-1235648750_thumb.png

post-1416-1235648765_thumb.png

Hi Brian thank you for all interesting information you provided to us,

Just for information : in our club, since 2 years, we use a Panasonic PT AX100E (1280x720) with HDMI connexion to PC. We have not noticed any problem with EXE files using PZR functions, even with huge panorama picture.

Daniel.

Daniel,

Many thanks for your reply it's appreciated ~ that's the type of 'Info' people want to see.

That 'Panasonic' is a very good Projector. And in their Class Panasonic is best and why

wouldn't they be with Leica-Len's and Matsushita know a thing or two about advanced

Opto-Electronics Systems ~ they are a world leader.

Best regards,

Brian.

Guest Yachtsman1

Just had a quick check of my projector suppliers stock & they list the Panasonic PT AX100E as old stock, interesting thing though, they show it as an LCD projector when most of the club projectors I've come across are DLP???

Yachtsman1