WnSoft Forums

"realistic" photo album

thedom

Here is a new attempt to make a realistic photo album.

TheDom-RealisticAlbum-Small.jpg

[ 1 minute and 48 seconds - 11.55Mb]

For this new version, I used PTE masks and in my opinion, the result is better.

In the previous version, when the page flipped, you could see the image on the left was just zoomed.

In this version, I make it appear progressively. It's really hard to explain, especially in english.

Other advantage : with the masks, I didn't have to cut my pictures in two half.

I used the whole picture displayed through masks, one for the left page and an other one for the right page.

It's really a gain of time.

I think the effect of the flipping page is more realistic.

I corrected some minor graphic bugs too, made some improvements with the shadows and added the book closing sequence at the end.

By the way, the flowers you can watch in this slideshow are the first one I could shoot in my garden this year.

I can't wait for springtime.

Download it here, on my personal website.

So, what do you think ?

What you achieve is amazing. Your shadow work is superb as is the realism of it all. On my very powerful video card, I see just a little less-than-perfect smoothness in the first movement of the book and shadows before the book opens. Very nice photographs too. My favorite is the first pink & white blooms (small ones). :)

• 1 month later...

- Highly sophisticated treatment of masks and shadows

- Obvious deficiencies regarding perspective (PTE is not (yet) a tool for 3D modeling)

- Demo does not run smooth on my system (Nvidia 8500 GT)

Applying templates of this kind for the presentation of someone's photos surely is a matter of taste (but not mine). But I like to watch these demos as kind of brainteasers to find out how the effects have been realized, even if I do not intend to apply them.

Regards,

Xaver