WnSoft Forums

Masks with 5.6

jeffgoodwin

I've tried making two masks one circle white in centre and one black in centre. Then I have put them over a couple of pictures but the mask seems to be all broken up, very difficult to explain I agree but it does not seem to work as in the manual. What could I be doing wrong. I am using Vista home and am now confused

Possibility - if you are animating the photo and masks, then all must have the same pan/zoom/rotate modes. IOW, all photos and masks must be linear pans, or all must be smooth rotates, etc. I had such an animation and changed just one of them and the whole thing behaved as if I had fed the computer some loco weed.

Jeff,

Why not upload your zipped project files so that someone can take a look and advise you?

Ray

Jeff,

Why not upload your zipped project files so that someone can take a look and advise you?

Ray

Do I have to upload the pictures as well or just the pte file. I have a small pte that I am trying to mask on

Cheers Jeff

Jeff,

You would create a zip backup from within PTE itself. That would give us all the files we need.

Jeff,

You would create a zip backup from within PTE itself. That would give us all the files we need.

But it is a 5 meg file, sorry if I am being a bit stupid, but you can only upload a 2 meg file here

http://www.mediafire.com/

create an account

upload the file to mediafire

get the link

post the link in this thread

and whoever wants to will download the file

ken

Thanks Ken do you ever go to bed??

Here is the link for the file

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=fffc5dd...04e75f6e8ebb871

I hope. It is just a test pte purely meaningless, it is the problem with the mask that I have.

Jeff

Jeff, it's very hard to help you because I don't know what effect you exactly wanted to achieve and I'm not sure to fully undesrtand the problem with mask "all broken up".

I tried to modify your project though.

I made a new mask because for your's, the black color was actually grey => the image still appeared in this area, which I guess you didn't want.

And instead of zooming the picture included in the mask, I zoomed the mask container itself (including the picture).

Don't know if it helps. :unsure:

masks_Mar26_2009_23_57_08.zip

Jeff,

I also do not see anything in your show that looks "broken". In its final position PICT0002 covers PICT0032. Your mask controls the opacity of PICT0002. In the middle your mask is purely white, so the opacity of PICT0002 there is 100%. In the outer regions your mask has RGB-values of 61, 57, 58 (not really grey but a little bit red), and as one can expect: PICT0002 is about 25% opaque (but not completely transparent) in this region.

Best regards,

Xaver

Jeff,

I also do not see anything in your show that looks "broken". In its final position PICT0002 covers PICT0032. Your mask controls the opacity of PICT0002. In the middle your mask is purely white, so the opacity of PICT0002 there is 100%. In the outer regions your mask has RGB-values of 61, 57, 58 (not really grey but a little bit red), and as one can expect: PICT0002 is about 25% opaque (but not completely transparent) in this region.

Best regards,

Xaver

Think I have found the problem may not be pic to exe but microsoft have you seen anything like this before??

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=fffc5dd...04e75f6e8ebb871

Think I have found the problem may not be pic to exe but microsoft have you seen anything like this before??

Yes, on my office PC (several years old with an Intel onboard graphic chip) when several instances of MS Office programs and several instances of Firefox were running at the same time. Another question: Did this effect show up directly after opening the pte-file, or only after great number of programming steps? Maybe that your PC had a lack of resources!?

Regards,

Xaver

Yes, on my office PC (several years old with an Intel onboard graphic chip) when several instances of MS Office programs and several instances of Firefox were running at the same time. Another question: Did this effect show up directly after opening the pte-file, or only after great number of programming steps? Maybe that your PC had a lack of resources!?

Regards,

Xaver

Cheers but I've got 2 gig ram and am running Vista Home Premium,