WnSoft Forums

Flickr

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi

Our camera club has recently formed a group on Flickr, I noticed you can post video files up to 150mb 90 seconds in length. Does anyone know if it is possible to post a AV PTE exe file onto Flickr.?

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

I asked the same question to Flickr and have now got the following response. I have never created any of the files listed & am unsure how the sizes would compare with an EXE file :unsure:

Yachtsman1

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Flickr Customer Care.

Here's a list of the file formats we accept:

- AVI (Proprietary codecs may not work)

- WMV

- MOV (AVID or other proprietary codecs may not work)

- MPEG (1, 2, and 4)

- 3gp

I hope this information is helpful :)

Thank you again for contacting us. If you have any other

questions,

please feel free to reply to this email.

Regards,

Julia

Flickr Customer Care

Yachtsman,

This is what they mean,viz:-

Thank you for contacting Flickr Customer Care.

Here's a list of the file formats we accept:-

AVI (Proprietary codecs may not work)--------------------------PTE Avi-Files may not work.

WMV--------------------------------------------------------------------Windows Media Video will work.

MOV (AVID or other proprietary codecs may not work--------Movie Video may not work

MPEG (1, 2, and 4)---------------------------------------------------Mpeg Video 1,2,4 will work

3gp---------------------------------------------------------------------3G (Broadband) Phones will work (Inc.Camera)

Hope this helps,

Brian.Conflow.

...... and they probably will not allow exe files for the same reason as, by and large, you cannot send an exe as an e-mail attachment.

It's an application and potentially harmful - they will not differentiate between harmful exe files and benign PTE exe files.

Brian will probably explain it better.

DaveG

Guest Yachtsman1
...... and they probably will not allow exe files for the same reason as, by and large, you cannot send an exe as an e-mail attachment.

It's an application and potentially harmful - they will not differentiate between harmful exe files and benign PTE exe files.

Brian will probably explain it better.

DaveG

So, to sum up does this mean that a PTE show cannot be shown on Flickr in any of the formats we are able to produce (HD AVI You Tube or Vimeo?) :unsure:

Yachtsman1.

MPEG2 / MPEG4 will work.

The "Create Video for PC and MAC" option produces an mp4 file - beware of having it too big - 4mins at 1024x768 at high quality is around 18Mb.

So, drop the size to 800x600 and vary the quality until you are happy and it MIGHT work.

I just tried it for you and similar to Ron's experience elsewhere got an error message when trying to open by double-clicking. By opening MPC and then pointing it at the mp4 it worked fine.

DaveG

Guest Yachtsman1
MPEG2 / MPEG4 will work.

The "Create Video for PC and MAC" option produces an mp4 file - beware of having it too big - 4mins at 1024x768 at high quality is around 18Mb.

So, drop the size to 800x600 and vary the quality until you are happy and it MIGHT work.

I just tried it for you and similar to Ron's experience elsewhere got an error message when trying to open by double-clicking. By opening MPC and then pointing it at the mp4 it worked fine.

DaveG

Hi Dave

Their limitation for video is 180mb or 90 seconds, not sure if this is either or both. If it is both I can't see the point of having a 90 second PTE show. Maybe it's something for Igor & the team to consider for the future.

Thanks to those who replied.

Yachtsman1

Yachtsman,

DaveG has answered everything ~ Mp4 is really the only option open to you and as Dave

has tried it out and it works, and as you also know the Flickr limitations it a case of ~ 'QED'

Have fun,

Brian.

Roger,

How right you are, very good advice indeed, and here an example of what Roger is about:-

Two years ago I posted a small Christmas 'snippet' on Media Fire. It was a New Camera Test

of 45 secs with an Mp3 snippet of a Childrens Charity Choir (to whom I had contributed) and

had purchased their CD. Some time later a I got an EMail Application Form from an unknown

'Mp3 Artists Protection Association'....

My god has the World gone mad with the 'OTT Claim Society' we live in ??? Next time I willl

give the money to those Children personally in the true spirit of Christmas and I have never

posted to those Public-Servers again.

Brian.