WnSoft Forums

Fade in text in image

Esc

Hi Lennart,

Create the text on the Objects and Animations screen as an Object of your slide and set the opacity to zero at the beginning of the timeline for this text. Clone this keyframe for the text and position it at the 25 second position on the timeline with opacity still set to zero. Create a new keyframe for the text beyond 25 seconds and set the opacity to 100%. The time between the second and third keyframes will determine how quickly the text fades in. The greater the time between zero opacity and 100% opacity, the slower the fade in.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi All!

I have an image showing for 40 sek. After 25 sek on the timeline

a text will fade in. How do I do it?

Lennart

This is a basic question, so I assume you are not so familiar with PTE and I will write very detailed how to do it.

Highlight your image by clicking on it once.

Go to the O&A screen (click on the button below the miniplayer.)

Check that nothing in the right section (objects) is marked, if it is then click in this section to get it unmarked.

Then right mouseclick -> New -> Text. Change the text as desired in the property tab.

Now you've got a new object at the first position in the objects section with a starting keyframe in the timeline.

The next steps are:

- Move the keypoint to the 25 sec position with your mouse or change time in the properties tab to 25000

- Change opacity to 0

- move the blue triangle (below the keypoint) to approximately 27 sec

- Hit Insert (or right mouseclick -> Insert keypoint; or click on the plus sign below the timeline) to create a new keypoint

- Change opacity to 100

The text will now fade in in two seconds starting 25 seconds after image start.

To develop more skills have a look at the user guide and also a look at the sample presentation which comes with 5.6 or other sample .pte files.

Regards,

Frank

EDIT: Got a call while writing, so didn't saw that Lin's answer was already there ;-)

• 8 years later...

I am trying to fade in objects in V9 using keyframes, but it doesn't seem that each new object has its own keyframe, so I am having trouble modifying the opacity of objects using keyframes.  In the attached example, I am trying to fade the zebra into the corner of the photo, but the keyframes (or perhaps the modifiers?) are confounding me.  This is admittedly a very basic question (which seems to be a specialty of mine) and I appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks!

-Craig

Fade in_Apr19-2017_15-12-11.zip

Hi Craig,

Actually, all objects have a starting keyframe. To fade in the zebra you need to click on the zebra object to select it in Objects and Animations, then in the Animations tab, put a check mark in the box beside "Opacity" and set the value to zero. Next add another keyframe where you want the zebra to begin to fade in and also place a check mark in the box beside Opacity and set this value also to zero. Create a third keyframe where you want the fade in to be completed also with a checkmark in the box beside Opacity and set this value to 100%. 

Run the preview and it should work as you wish. Perhaps what is confusing you is that you have not used the feature to show all keyframes for all objects simultaneously on separate timelines. Hold down the CTRL key and click on both your objects and the timeline will appear for each object with it's one keyframes and timeline.

Best regards,

Lin

Bingo!  Thanks for laying this out, Lin.

I appreciate your quick help with this (as with so many other questions).  To avoid any potential future confusion over version used, next time I will start a new thread instead of piggybacking onto a very old thread.

Thanks again.  I hope my elementary questions might be helping others who might also be newer to PTE, because your patient answers are certainly helping me!

-Craig

• 2 weeks later...