WnSoft Forums

Need some help

boxig

Hi

I am trying to make a simple slideshow and don't know how to do it.

Features:

I have many wav files as background sound and I want to add 10 seconds of silence between the sounds. In other words, I don't want the next sound to start immediately after the previous sound ends.

I want to add a different comment to each slide.

What I am actually trying to do is to use PTE to make a sound player which will play many sounds one after the other (with 10 seconds pause) and display the name of the sound file as a comment.

Thank you for any help

boxig

Hi Boxig

Long time since we have heard from you

Two possible solutions for you:

1. mix the sounds onto one sound track with 10 second intervals between them. Bring the sound track into PTE via PROJECT OPTIONS > MUSIC

Depending what you want visually, use a black slide and add the text you want through PROJECT OPTIONS>COMMENTS or the O&A feature. Or make them up in PhotoShop. Add the text images to co-incide with the sound and place black slides in between

2. An easier way would be to attach the sounds individually to images via the "ADD SOUND" at the top of the PTE interface screen. Space the images 10 seconds apart on the TIMELINE. The same approach to image preparation applies under this option.

Hope that helps

Thanks Jim.

My problem is that I have 20.000 sound files ! ! !

(...and I am too old and too lazy to do it one by one).

BTW, if you know a program that can combine all sound files with silence interval between, that may do it.

Many thanks

boxig

Oh ! A minor detail :D

20,000 sound files with 10 sec between them, assuming they are 5 second sound bites, makes 833 hours, that is one heckuva a wav file !! (Obviously much longer if not just short sound clips)

Right !

But it is not supposed to be played as a slideshow. I wand to make video AVI file and use it with another application to select an audio file and go straight to that file. You probably guessed, it is a dictionary with audio files. It would be easier if I could go to a certain point in a MP3 file but I don't know how, and if it is possible at all.

I found a free program to combine the files but it does not add silence (there is a one that does but it's not free).

BTW, in older version I remember we could display the image name as a comment (but we can't make a video). Can we do the same in current version of PTE ?

boxig

Hi Granot!

Nice to have you back!

Yes, on the current version 5.6 you can display the image name (file name) as a comment.

On the "Main" screen near the top center where is says "Comment" click on the small icon to the right of the white space with flashing cursor - the one which looks like a page with the top-right corner folded.

From the pop-up window click on the underlined "Insert Text Template" then choose "Picture Name" or "Picture Name With Extension."

Best regards,

Lin

Jim, Ken & Lin,

It's nice to come back and get so much help in only few hours.

I couldn't guess in a million years this "secret" way for selecting file name as caption.

Now I'll have to rely on my weak memory to remeber that icon :P

Thank you all guys

Granot

Granot, I've just been searching for your 2006 utility for videos in PTE, and that old link no longer works. I hope you have a new one?

Thank you!

Jim, Ken & Lin,

It's nice to come back and get so much help in only few hours.

I couldn't guess in a million years this "secret" way for selecting file name as caption.

Now I'll have to rely on my weak memory to remeber that icon :P

Thank you all guys

Granot