WnSoft Forums

Reg key help!

Tommy R

Well,

It is Monday evening and still no e-mail, no key, no response from customer service or should I say non-service. I understand the company is based in Russia so there is at least 7 hours difference from New York time. They are asleep as I post this and I am tasked with putting together a slide show with over 400 pictures and music by tommorrow evening! Never mind wasting $30. I can't understand how these guys stay in business and why there is such a strong and loyal customer base. I Guess I'll never find out, I am going to CompUSA to buy Flip Album Pro after all!!

Tom Robinson

:( Just went to CompUSA today myself.... bought some software, but it didn't have the right drivers... my system kept crashing. Fortunately the software came with a 1(800) number... I called it, and they referred me to a website... went to the website... couldn't find the drivers.... called back to 800 number... they told me again about their website.....

Seriously, I appreciate the frustration people have experienced when their key has held up projects--- especially when deadlines loom.... but I must say, in defense of this product (PTE) and its developers--- you won't find the kind of support around commercial software from CompUSA that you find here on the forum, or with the developers of PTE. The key thing seems to have been a recurring sticky problem-- probably in part because it isn't simply automated, but relies on good old humans (many timezones away)....

If you can bear it... I would highly recommend that you hang in there... you will get so much more than you pay for!

Brian

Exactly the same situation for me. I paid on friday evening(western european time) and still nothing! Why do they only automatize(?) the situation.

Furthermore, on their web site they say that we will receive the key 24 hours after(and it's written 48 when we receive the confirmation!!). They don't even say that it means working days(or working hours???).

Well, 25th of december is not christmas in Russia so I hope that I will receive it today or tomorrow!

..snip.. I Guess I'll never find out, I am going to CompUSA to buy Flip Album Pro after all!!

Tom,

That sounds like a good interim measure.

Putting 400 images into a slide show with brand-new technology this close to Christmas is really asking for trouble, to say nothing of the technological risk of having it not perform smoothly the day of the performance. Maybe next time you should leave a little more breathing space. :rolleyes:

However, I strongly urge you to stick with PTE as it is, without doubt, the best system for digital still slide shows, especially for the money, that you will find anywhere. That's why its fans are so loyal. And it's going to get even better!!

I understand that PTE payments and delivery of reg keys are done through a third party, and so, this close to Christmas, with everyone out partying, etc., it is understandable that, humans being human, things might get a little backed-up. (I never take in a roll of film for developing the week of Christmas for just that reason - I had a roll of film lost once that way, and vowed never to do it again. )

But, if you stick it out with PTE, the Christmas slide show next year will be a blast! :lol:

Ciao, and best of luck,

Al